Senior Engineer, Technical Support
- Miyazaki, Japan
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Identifies and interprets interoperability and support matrixes; identifies reviews, creates and delivers timely and highly focused training programs and/or serviceability enhancements within the Field and Remote technical support departments. Effectively communicates procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment through a variety of mediums. Monitors and tracks all service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Call Tracking Databases. Maintains a closed-loop" communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status." Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions; leads efforts in facilitating problem re-creation and failure analysis systems level issues.
- Responsible for the delivery of moderate complex, moderate risk projects and maintaining project quality, finances and focus Prepares detailed project plans of an engagement within the standards of project management methodologies detailing schedules, controls, resources, costs and daily schedule, establishing project governance
- Responsible for the delivery and daily management of activities, which are coordinated with Dell employees or Partner Resources using leading indicator reports.
- Keeps eyes open on potential future opportunities to improve the quality of service to the customers' and communicates to stakeholder as appropriate Lead team during project life-cycle; provide project management, leadership and oversight to project and/or workstreams Provide performance feedback to management and team members
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently Analytical
- Communication skills, both English and Japanese
- Detail-oriented Knowledge of job associated programming languages
- Vendor management skills
Education & Experience
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience in a professional role with a bachelor’s degree; or 3+ years with a master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent experience
Application closing date: 31 March 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Product-Services Engineering Global-Services Job ID: R080168
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Miyazaki Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.