Partner Business Manager, Security - Opportunity for Working RemotelyMontreal,Quebec, Toronto,Ontario,CAN; 06/11/2021
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 30,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
This position on the partner sales team is responsible for engaging and growing VMware Carbon Black’s Canadian partners. The Partner Business Manager is responsible for the security relationships with our strategic Canadian partners. The position works collaboratively with the larger VMware global partner team that supports our ecosystem. The primary goal is to achieve revenue targets through strategic business partnership and execution. This dynamic field-based role develops and implements joint selling strategies for VMware’s Security products and services, thereby growing mutual revenue. Partner Business Managers build sustainable business practices and cultivate relationships across VMware and partner business organizations through the development and execution of strategic partner business plans. A successful Partner Business Manager will have experience in executive level presenting and planning and will be a highly motivated teammate.
Responsibilities will vary by the assigned partner, territory, or partner business status, and/or products but will broadly include:
- Partner Management: You can develop strategic relationships with key partners to drive commitment to VMware products and solutions and to increase the revenue driven through ‘sell with strategies’ with each partner. Meet partner sales and business plan targets.
- Pipeline Management: Drive joint VMware/partner pipeline from demand generation to close utilizing virtual partner and field sales teams. Effectively communicate, report, track and manage sales pipelines to senior management. Promote collaboration with internal and external resources to facilitate regular communication between partners and VMware.
- Practice Development: Drive development of partner services offerings and solutions to support VMware revenue growth and increase partner profitability. Increase partners’ VMware sales and delivery workforce through sales, presales & technical certifications.
- Partner Business Planning: Generate and drive sales and marketing plans (Partner Joint Business Plans) with all assigned partners, including services practice initiation, enablement, business development, and pipeline generation. Set goals and objectives with corporate strategy.
- Partner Enablement: Work closely with sales segments and regional sales leaders to execute enablement plans. Establish partner training and partner with territory specialists to drive enablement activities, ensuring partners have active support from VMware to be successful.
- Experience working with Global System Integrators, OEM partners, VAR channels, and distribution in a matrix sales organization leading multi-functional teams
- Experience in developing precise, comprehensive executive engagement plans that ensure successful execution strategies
- Exhibits credibility and executive presence, influencing and instilling confidence at all executive and management levels
- Proficiency with tools and consistent processes for analyzing, assessing, and forecasting a joint pipeline with partners
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies to increase pipeline volume and velocity jointly with partners
- Experience developing and understanding high level solution architecture approaches and applying them to partner solution development and GTM scenarios
- Strong experience in communicating value proposition in terms of partners’ and customers’ business needs
- Knowledge of designing end-to-end solutions approaches encompassing products, services, processes, etc. based on customers’ requirements
- Strong ability to integrate partner sales, VMware core sales and extended teams to facilitate joint selling efforts
- Demonstrated commitment and interest in both internal and external partner needs
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in channel partners supporting security solutions
- Strong knowledge and experience in the enterprise software domain, and strong knowledge - ideally - of the endpoint and cyber-security segments
- Consistent record of achieving business objectives in a highly competitive partner channel environment.
- Prideful professional with superior business acumen
- Demonstrates strong motivation, drive, and has strong business ethics
- Efficient and effective at building relationships with partners, field sales, inside sales, and marketing teams
- Ability to engage, excite, influence, and oversee both partner resources and direct/indirect VMware resources
- B.S./B.A. Required (M.S./MBA preferred)
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Remote Partner-Programs Job ID: R2111625
- Senior Consultant Data Protection Solutions Toronto, Canada
- Colleague Success Senior Change Specialist - Opportunity for Working Remotely Multiple Locations
- Voice of the Customer Program Manager – Inner Circle - Opportunity for Working Remotely Multiple Locations