Consulting Architect - SDDC
Primary Location: ,Moscow
VMware Professional Services (PS) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PS team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their digital strategy. The PS team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution.
As a Consulting Architect, you acquire intimate knowledge of the customers’ business, its strategic goals and the specific requirements of a project. You will be demonstrating the technical abilities of the consulting team you lead, and drive a solution that assists the customer in achieving their business goals and outcomes. You are a solution level subject matter expert with broad knowledge across the datacenter technology stack with a strong focus on networking and security. In addition to customer facing delivery, Consulting Architects also provide key input to pre-sales on complex multi-discipline bids and drive best practices.
VMware PS is committed to offering a collaborative and supportive working environment with a full enablement plan and the opportunity to develop in the latest Software-Defined Datacenter or Digital Workspace technologies and solutions. We promote an inclusive atmosphere where your voice will be heard, and where you will be part of a dynamic team working in partnership with each other.
We are looking for conscientious and responsible individuals who can build on our successful track record and come with us on the next stage of our journey.
We will sponsor your enablement and certification up to and including VCDX certification.
- You will take ownership of business outcomes of projects, lead technical project teams and take accountability for all project deliverables.
- Contribute to strategic plan working with sales, pre-sales and the customer to build out a delivery roadmap.
- Articulate solution design, integrating both technical and business concepts, and present a transformational journey to project stakeholders.
- Work with Project Managers to create project plans with realistic work stream timelines
- Confidently gather use case requirements and creation of high and low-level enterprise designs while functioning as a resource for “Best Practices” and driving adoption of VMware Networking and Security solutions.
- Ensure the solution being delivered is fit for purpose, referencing the initial business goals and objectives of the project through strong project governance
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product line and future product direction and expert level knowledge of VMware Networking and Security portfolio.
- Actively demonstrate commercial awareness and stay within the scope of the contracted work.
- Must enjoy working with leading edge technology and being an intrinsic part of a fantastic team
- Understand and articulate the impact of Network Virtualization and Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures.
- Plan and lead virtualized network infrastructure implementations, roll-outs and migrations, including hands-on implementation of NSX for enterprise customers.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in customer-facing positions as a Professional Services architect or consultant.
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to communicate complex technical topics to a technical and non-technical audience.
- An active listener with excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with an ability to utilises different styles of questioning techniques and manage conflict in order to achieve a resolution
- Fluent Russian and English
Certification and Education
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- CCDP, CCNP, CISSP, VCP-NV or similar required.
- Ideally you hold a CCIE or VCIX-NV certification.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, vRealize Automation, vCloud Director (vCD), VMC, Azure, GCP
- Solid understanding of REST APIs and datacenter automation.
- Applications are considered both from individuals currently working in the physical networking space (ie Cisco) who would like to move into the Network Virtualization and those already working within Network Virtualization.
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program.
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives.
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community.
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here fun!
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-01
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2103672