Primary Location: ,Moscow
At VMware, our mission is to enable customers to build a new class of applications, leveraging big and fast data, and do all of this with the power of cloud-independence. VMware’s offering includes many data management technologies, like the VMware Greenplum, Tanzu MySQL, Tanzu PostgreSQL, GemFire, RabbitMQ..
The VMware Data Engineer will be responsible for consulting with our clients to provide deep technical and business expertise with regards to the VMware data management products. Additional job responsibilities include the ability to architect solutions, install, connect, and use these products. The individual will interface directly with customers as a technical expert. The Data Engineer will also work with Engineering and Product Management as the “tip of the spear” for the development of products and enhancements.
The role is in the post-sales organization. Main responsibilities are Architecture, Design, Development and Assessment style consulting for VMware’s Data Products to enable our Customers’ success. Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive the successful usage and adoption of VMware data solutions within strategic accounts by providing expert technical guidance on architecture, design, implementation, tuning, integration, and ability to scale our products in the customer's environment.
- Ability to carry out code development and design on analytical projects for the full data stack from the data acquisition up to the consumption of the data
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D during the development, launch and continuing refinement of VMware products
- Occasionally support pre-sales proof of concepts involving data science and data engineering solutions. This may involve installing VMware products, integrating with customer specified products and tuning the system to optimally perform
- Present Architecture and Design vision and strategy to our customers at levels including executives to technical management and individual contributors
Required Technical Skills
- 5+ years minimum of experience in technology related work, including roles such as customer-facing Consultant.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- Deep, architect level knowledge and experience with building and deploying systems leveraging Advanced Analytics or Big Data platforms.
- RDBMS related product experience is strongly preferred (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica, Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.). Database administration of any RDBMS will be considered a strong asset
- Strong - and possibly certified - SQL programming skills
- Advanced experience with PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with standard statistical/BI packages to perform analytic calculations is requested
- Understanding of a variety of commonly used analytic techniques and the models underlying them.
- Understanding of traditional DW/BI components (ETL, Staging, DW, ODS, Data Marts, BI Tools)
- Good programming and computation skills, preferably with Perl, Python, Java, BASH/Shell Scripting
- System administration of Linux is required
Nice To Have Technical Skills
- Experience with a Real Time Data Processing solution, such as Apache Spark and Apache Kafka is a plus.
- Experience of work with private and public cloud environments: software deployment, setting up access, troubleshooting.
- It will be considered a very strong plus the direct experience in Data Science projects or competitions, involving the usage of R, or Python and the ability to build Machine Learning prototypes and deploy make them operational.
- Good knowledge of the Kubernetes environment
Required Soft Skills
- Good communication skills, both written and oral are required. Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer/architect solutions to make it better, specifically around business analytic systems
- English and Russian as languages (Speaking, Reading, and Writing)
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2101703