We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through your work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Outside Sales - Product Specialist?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
- Relationship Oriented
- Effective Communicator
Life at Dell
Discover life at Dell from our employees who are leading the way toward innovation and digital transformation.
Come be a part of the talented, dedicated and motivated teams in the Dell family by applying today.
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Job Title: Product Specialist 3
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as subject Matter Expert in specific Technology Infrastructure Services Verticals.
Why Work For Us:
Dell is primed to recruit the best and brightest candidates from all across the globe. We take pride in fostering a winning, innovative, inclusive employee culture. We also take calculated risks and we celebrate big victories when they pay off.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It’s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership. Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
The Outside Sale Specialist is a Technology Subject Matter Expert, and is a pivotal role within Dell's Infrastructure Consulting Services Organization. They are responsible for assisting Dell's Engagement Managers in a Pre-Sales capacity. Approx. 80% of their time will be spend on workshops, assessments and solution design and 20% of the their time will be spend on hand holding large projects design with TC and PMs. Implementation is to be handled by Dell's Technical Consultants. Architects oversee these Technical Consultants to ensure that solutions are deployed as per best practices of Dell. The Outside Sale Specialist needs to understand the customer's business problems/ requirements, and provide advice verbally, and via a proposal, on an appropriate infrastructure services solution to address their problem/ requirement, which may also require associated hardware and/or software as part of the complete solution. The Solutions Architect will be required to spend time with the customer, Engagement Manager, Proposal/ Bid Manager, Dell services partners, and PMO to assist in scoping and pulling together a winning proposal, which is ultimately owned by the Engagement Manager. These opportunities will also generally include hardware and/or software, as part of the overall solution, however must include services as a minimum, for the Solutions Architect to be involved, or it should be handled by the ESG team.
Dell's core technology practices include: Storage, Microsoft, Virtualization, Data center and Systems Management. The Solutions Architect role will be to focus on a primary technology discipline, together with a complimentary & secondary discipline. Outside Sale Specialists will need to work closely with their respective Engagement Manager and APJ Practice Leader.
• Pre Sales - 80% of their time will be spend on higher End Infrastructure solutions (Workshops, Assessments and Design)
• Subject Matter Expert in 1 or 2 specific Technology Infrastructure Services Verticals: Microsoft, Storage, Virtualization, and/or Systems Management.
• Ability to communicate from CIO level down to Technical level
• Ability to speak a technical as well as a business language
• Trusted Advisor
• Effective teaming with Engagement Manager, Partners, & Project Manager, to formulate a winning solution which must include Services
• Spending time as required with the customer to discuss, analyze, workshop, and ultimately present our solution, together with the Engagement Manager
• Subject Matter Expert in 1 or 2 of the following infrastructure technology areas: Microsoft, Storage, Virtualization, and Systems Management
• Minimum 10 - 12 years pre sales and project delivery experience in the Infrastructure Services arena
• Architects with Prior people management experience will be given preference as this involves working closely with virtual team across the country & with APJ practice leader.
• Excellent Solution selling skills and highly developed presentation skills
• Able to formulate an appropriate technology solution/s, mapped to customers’ requirements and articulate well
• Experienced in Infrastructure Scoping, Estimating, Proposal Writing Skills, and Tender responses
• Solid understanding of mid-to-large scale Infrastructure Projects (What & How it takes to win and deliver)
• Validate the Statement of Work submitted to Dell by Partners, prior to presenting to customers
• Engineering Degree mandatory, Masters in Engineering preferred
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.