OEM Technical Program Management Consultant
- Limerick, Ireland
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and for each other.
What makes a successful Program Manager?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
OEM Technical Program Management Consultant
Location: Limerick, Ireland OR Paris/Montpellier, France OR Halle/Munich/Frankfurt, Germany
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as Technical Program Management Consultant within OEM.
This PG Program Management position in in the PG OEM organization and is unique because the PM will work directly with sales and customers to define the scope, schedule, and cost of OEM Ready and/or OEM custom solutions. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to drive internal teams while balancing Dell interests with those of external parties.
- Serve as primary Product Group point of contact with the customer to negotiate the Statement of Work associated with the program - scope, schedule, cost, risks.
- Lead cross functional core team, kick off programs, establishes schedules and facilitates meetings.
- With the Project Manager, define and manage the extended development team scope and schedule.
- Ensure the cross functional core teams fulfils SOW commitments to the customer across all applicable functions.
- Facilitate Core Team meetings and maintain master schedule.
- Analyse and report actual performance vs. program goals.
- Establish clear objectives and deliverables for the program that support the LOBs business.
- Schedule and run all applicable phase reviews and program reviews.
- Track progress, report status and make necessary corrections to achieve program goals.
- Manage major risks and issues through effective contingency plans and proper escalation
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years of product development program management experience (or Master’s degree and 5-7 years of experience)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Prior experience working with sales or customers, as well as working with global development organizations
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (both French and English)
- Ability to present clear and concise information to team, internal customers, and external customers
- Experience in program management including planning and senior management interface
- Ability to build effective teams
- Priority setting, organizing and planning skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Program-Management Engineering-Services Job ID: R056698
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Munich Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well-done and investing in our team member's professional development filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% Believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.