To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Senior Solution Engineer
Munich, GermanyApply Now
This position of the Solution Engineer is passionate about driving our Enterprise customers strategy and aligning this with VMware’s Solutions and Services. This is a role with limited hands-on requirements with a high percentage of client-facing time. You will have solid skills across the IT landscape and will understand how virtualization and cloud computing can help our enterprises achieve their goals. You will be experienced in engaging with, establishing links and influencing senior IT client contacts up to and including CIOs. And will need to demonstrate a deep understanding of the issues that senior IT Personnel deal with and a strategic approach to enterprise account IT pre-sales.
You will collaborate very closely with your Enterprise Accounts sales team and specialist teams. The SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions, and closing enterprise transactions within a number of global working companies.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who lives in the South of Germany - Nuremburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Frankfurt to cover the South Region.
- Educate Partners and customers on the VMware Value Proposition
- Understand and support customer's high-level business challenges globally and locally
- Match VMware solutions to customer's business and technical requirements
- Become a trusted advisor within the handled accounts
- Sell professional services consistently as part of a solution
- Define and implement a go-to-market strategy for each account to ensure adoption of VMware solutions
- Build and demonstrate OEM and partner relationships
- Identify customer projects for VMware solutions
- Visualize the VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- Shown enterprise solution selling experience along with a background of technical sales experience. Solution selling training a plus
- Ability to collaborate with and encourage multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
- Fluent English and German language skills
- Consistent track record of selling services as part of a solution
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better
- Customer-facing and relationship building skills
- Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management, business continuity solutions a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time
- Lead a virtual team in preparation of proposals to large and complex RFPs
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2002435