Tanzu Senior Alliance Manager - Central EMEA - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Munich,Germany
Tanzu Senior Alliance Manager - Central EMEA
The Tanzu Regional Solution Partner alliance team is aligned to the sales organization and is responsible for managing and growing VMware’s partner ecosystem for Tanzu and Modern Apps. The core goal of the Tanzu Alliance Manager is to acquire and activate new and dormant partners for the Tanzu and modern apps portfolio. The Tanzu Alliance Manager will work with these partners to develop practices and build services capability. The Tanzu Alliance Manager has specialized product knowledge and experience and is the primary relationship owner for all Tanzu business, but also works with the VMware core sales/partner/field teams. This dynamic field-based role also works closely with partners to implement enablement plans and selling strategies to acquire net new Tanzu customers and build partner services capacity and delivery. Successful candidates will have proven experience with competitive partners and technologies and will have a strong drive for results.
- Partner acquisition: Drive acquisition, development, and activation processes for new partners focused on modern applications, especially in a multi-cloud world.
- Pipeline management/partner revenue: Drive joint VMware/partner pipeline from demand generation to close. Effectively communicate, report, track and manage sales pipeline to senior management. Promote collaboration with internal and external resources to facilitate regular communication between partners and VMware.
- Practice development: Drive development of partner services offerings and solutions to support VMware revenue growth and increase partner profitability. Increase partners’ VMware sales and delivery workforce through sales, presales & technical certifications.
- Partner sales and technical enablement: Build and execute enablement plans. Manage partner sales training, ensuring partners have the necessary and active support from VMware to be successful.
- Services engagement: Build partner capability to perform solution validation, proof of concept, and engage in services opportunities.
- Partner management: Initiate strategic relationships with key partners to drive commitment to VMware products and solutions and to increase the revenue driven through each partner. Meet partner sales and business plan targets.
- Partner business planning: Generate and drive sales and marketing plans (Partner Joint Business Plans) with all assigned partners—including services practice initiation, enablement, business development, and pipeline generation—and align goals and objectives with corporate strategy.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Pipeline management/partner revenue: Proven proficiency with tools and consistent processes for analysing, assessing, and forecasting a joint pipeline with partners. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategies to increase pipeline volume and velocity jointly with partners.
- Partner focus: Demonstrated commitment and interest in both internal and external partner needs. Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to provide innovative solutions for partner issues and to drive joint VMware and partner business opportunities. Strong demonstrated experience with partner economics, business models, and motivations for partner success.
- Solution selling: Strong experience in communicating value proposition in terms of partners’ and customers’ business needs. Demonstrated ability to use different methods (interviews, questionnaires, etc.) to uncover partner and customer solution needs. Knowledge of designing end-to-end solutions approaches encompassing products, services, processes, etc. based on customers’ requirements.
- SaaS & Subscription Experience: Understanding and experience with SaaS/Subscription products and GTM is critical since Tanzu is 100% subscription and it is critical to drive deployment and consumption to prevent churn.
- Drive for results: Highly motivated, driven, and has strong business ethics. Proven track record of achieving business objectives in a highly competitive partner channel environment including meeting or exceeding revenue goals and working with complex national and global partners and alliances.
- Partner management: Minimum 5-8+ years’ experience in channel sales. Experience working with solution providers, managed services partners, VAR channels, and distribution in a matrix sales organization leading multi-functional teams.
- Business industry acumen: Strong sales and business acumen, expertise in recognizing and acting on go-to-market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships.
- VMware solution architectural knowledge: Experience developing and understanding high level solution architecture approaches and applying them to partner solution development and GTM scenarios.
- Influencing and negotiation: Exhibits credibility and executive presence, influencing and instilling confidence at all executive and management levels.
- Executive engagement: Ability to develop precise, comprehensive executive engagement plans that ensure successful execution of joint business plans and strategies.
- Teamwork/vTeam management: Strong ability to build and leverage relationships with partners, field sales, inside sales, and marketing teams. Ability to engage, excite, influence, and coordinate both partner resources and direct and indirect VMware resources.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Alliance Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-13
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2104056