Associate consultant 2
Primary Location: New Delhi,Delhi
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT with multi-cloud, app modernization, digital workspaces, virtual cloud networks and security as fundamental technology platforms. Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. We are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
- Handle large scale enterprise environment of VMware product deployments
- Work with cross-functional VMware project teams which could consist of VMware GSS, Engineers, product management, consulting, and support staff.
- Analyze the existing client environment and proactively share and implement the best practices for ensuring the stability of the environment.
- Should be able to generate and share reports as required by client regarding the environment.
- 3+ years Experience on Vrealize suites (VRA, VRO, VROPS etc..) solution development and handling Day2 operations
- 3+ years Experience on solution development and deployment for vSphere, Site Recovery Manager, vSphere Replication
- Prepare plans for patching, upgrade, update of the products deployed in the environment, primarily vSphere, Site Recovery Manager, vSphere Replication
- Prepare standard Operating procure documents for repetitive tasks.
- Ensure Diaster Recovery Readiness of the environment
- Perform Adhoc/planned DR activities as and when required
- Troubleshoot issues related to Vrealize suite products (VRA, VRO, VROPS etc..) vSphere, Site recovery manager, vSphere Replication
- Perform high level and low level troubleshooting using GUI, Cli tools.
- Perform periodic health checks of the products deployed in client environment.
- Create environment design documents as and when required
- Work as part of a wider project team or independently act as technical lead.
- Actively demonstrate commercial awareness and stay within the scope of the contracted work.
- Take ownership and accountability for individual deliverables.
- Define project requirements/issues/constraints with PMs.
- Make accurate impact assessments, and raise, implement, close down and roll-back plans when required
- Maintain current, high-level technical knowledge of the entire VMware product portfolio and future product direction
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends.
- Candidate should have 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in customer-facing positions as a consultant, preferably with a system integrator, consulting or IT provider.
- Willingness to work in 24x7 as per business requirements
- Mandatory knowledge on Vrealize suites (VRA, VRO, VROPS) , vSphere 6.x, VMware Site Recovery Manager, vSphere Replication.
- Good to have: Knowledge on VMware NSX-V/NSX-T, Tanzu, Kubernetes
- Understanding of basic physical storage and networking concept.
- Posses good troubleshooting skills on VMware products.
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- An active listener with excellent and confident communications and interpersonal skills with an ability to read complex customer situations and adapt as needed.
Certification and Education
- Mandatory: Bachelor’s degree of B.Tech(ECE) , B.Tech(CSE/IT) , M.Tech , MCA , B.E. (IT/CSE) Only. No others streams would be eligible
- Mandatory Atleast one VCAP – VCA certification, preferably on vSphere DCA or Vrealize suites
- Preferred Additional VMware certifications, Storage, Networking would be add-on
Category : Services and Consulting
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105004