To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Asset Management Account Lead - U.S. remote; Wayne, NJ preferred
Primary Location: Warren, New Jersey
Additional Location(s): New Jersey
Asset Management Account Lead
U.S. remote; Wayne, NJ preferred
The Asset Management Account Lead will direct the day to day activities of a cross-functional team to deliver ITAM Services for one or more Dell Managed Services customer. The role will require a proven leader with prior experience in IT Asset Management – ITAM and Project Management. The desired candidate will be detail and task oriented while at the same time capable of seeing the broader picture. The responsibilities of this customer facing position include:
- Lead the efforts of a cross-functional team to deliver ITAM value and ROI
- Build and sustaining effective communications with all stakeholders towards the goal of maximizing customer experience
- Analyze customer’s existing AM policies, processes and practices and make Best Practice recommendations to mature the ITAM Program and to address gaps
- Oversee the accurate collection, storage, and maintenance of data on all in-scope devices in the asset repository; ensure that the delivery of the service meets all requirements as defined in the service agreement and related statements of work and also adheres to agreed upon policies and procedures
- Ensures that delivery costs are within or better than the delivery costs contracted according to the service level agreement; timely and accurate reconciliation of life-cycle data relating to program assets and the asset tracking system
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies to maintain data integrity of the asset data; managing preparation and distribution of pre-defined and ad-hoc reports related to asset management
- Tracking assets throughout their life-cycle, with special focus on missing and off network assets
- Identify and report on potential problems with the asset tracking tool (system/performance issues, constraints, etc.); maintain related program and process documentation
- Identify and implement continual process improvements and operational efficiencies; focus on innovation to deliver relevant solutions to meet our customers’ needs
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree; or 3+ years with a PhD; or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience in IT Asset Management and industry tools
- In-depth understanding in both hardware and software asset management policies, procedures and ITAM best practices
- The ability to lead a team focused on delivering ongoing ITAM services with the focus on value and ROI
- Proven leader able to function within a matrix and cross-functional organization
- Experience using industry standard ITAM solutions like Flexera, SNOW Software, Aspera etc.
- Project management and customer management skills
- Good working knowledge of ITSM systems like ServiceNow and Remedy
- 10-25% travel to customer sites
- Experience leading an end-end life-cycle ITAM program from Procurement – Disposition
- Proven history in building Quality Assurance concepts and practices into all aspects of an ITAM program
- Good working knowledge of End Point Management systems like SCCM, Workspace One etc.
- The ability to articulate to customers and stakeholder ITAM Methodologies and how ITAM and ITIL work together
- The ability to identify risks and assess the impact as well as develop mitigation strategies
- Well organized and the ability to lead one or more Programs at the same time
- ITIL v3 or 4 foundation certified
- IAITAM certifications: CSAM, CHAMP, CITAM certified
- PMP certified
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R070374