Advisory Solutions Principal
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Remote - New York, United States (All Other)
Advisory Solutions Principal
The Data Center Solutions Principal will be responsible for services sales inclusive of deployment, migrations, residency, managed services, Consulting services and more. The DCSP is responsible for:
- Working with the core sales organizations articulate our unique perspective on GTM service solutions and credentialing our delivery capabilities using success stories to meet customer needs.
- Gathering, documenting, and understanding customer specific scope requirements and expectations for value-based outcomes in coordination with the Services Account Executives.
- Contributing to a knowledge sharing culture to help educate and learn from Solution Principal peers to help enable the skills of the Services Sales organization.
- Collaborating and working with other Solutions Principals within the team and the Solutioning organization, Delivery Leads and Subject Matter Experts, as well as other business partners to develop solution proposals to satisfy customer specific scope requirements and value-based outcomes.
- Required proposals include:
- Scope objectives based on customer requirements.
- Major project work streams, activities, deliverables, and timeline to achieve customer outcomes
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities between core sales team roles, customer roles, and business partner roles
- Proposed service fees and terms for Dell Technologies delivery and/or business partner resource level of effort and bottoms-up expense estimates.
- Critical assumptions that need to be true to support the project timeline and proposed service fees.
- Leading sales pursuits and ensuring compliance with pursuit management processes and governance model:
- Schedule, invite key stakeholders, facilitate, and provide input to the Dell Technologies Delivery Team solution reviews and risk assessments.
- Facilitating “Early Demand” or “Start at Risk” requests through Dell Technologies Delivery Leadership approval and Resource Management understanding of resource staffing needs.
- Working with Dell Technologies Delivery Leads, Solutioning Team and Subject Matter Experts to develop Statements of Work consistent with the terms approved during reviews
- Providing Core Sales Teams support during customer scope and legal negotiations of Statements of Work.
- Owning and driving transition of customer awarded Statements of Work and expectations to Dell Technologies Delivery Teams, as well as participating during internal project kickoffs.
- Updating Salesforce.com opportunities with pursuit team contribution
- Managing and proactively communicating status on portfolio of assigned sales pursuits, as well as consistently and effectively managing expectations on what is needed and when a quality work product can be delivered to the customer.
- Participating on Dell Technologies Product Group calls to provide feedback on what is or isn’t resonating for assigned marketplace, as well as insights on potential new solutions and offers to consider.
A candidate for the Data Center Solution Principal role should have:
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related field job experience.
- Understanding of IT Transformation concepts.
- Understanding of emerging technologies, trends and solutions (i.e. Converged and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Public or Private Clouds, X-as-a-Service, etc.).
- A high degree of learning agility; passionate about learning and mastering new concepts quickly and independently; good research skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and an ability to tailor offerings to the meet the unique aspects of a given customer scenario and thus maximize the value of our solution(s).
- Excellent communication skills including active listening, proposal and statement of work writing, and delivery of white board or formal presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, highly matrix organization with a strong desire to lead diverse teams thru multiple sales campaigns to completion.
- A strong and persuasive sales-oriented personality that can partner with and influence the Dell Technologies Sales Teams, the Solutioning Team and Delivery Teams to position and win services business.
Preferred and Desired Skill and Experience
Skill expectations of a Data Center Solution Principal. Preferred / desired skills and experience for this role also include:
- 10+ years of pre-sales support and/or delivery experience in a consulting or professional services environment with a major and minor understanding of:
- Demonstrated ability to manage a dynamic workload of competing priorities and deliverables while proactively communicating expectations on what is needed and when a quality work product can be delivered to the customer.
- Proactively asks for help when needed to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable with frequent travel throughout the assigned Theater to support sales campaigns, customer briefings, and training.
- In addition, some of our multi-national customers have operations outside the assigned Theater and travel may be required to those locations.
- Experience writing Statements of Work for customers and sub-contracts with partners preferred.
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R097414