To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Network Security Solutions Engineer - Enterprise
Primary Location: New York, New York
Additional Location(s): New York, New York
The Charter of the VMware Network Virtualization & Security Business Unit (NSBU) Solution Engineering Organization is dedicated Pre-Sales specialists driving the sales and adoption of VMware’s next generation network virtualization and security platform, VMware NSX. This role will be responsible for Service Defined Firewall, will work directly with NSBU Product Management & Engineering, the VMware SDDC Field Sales teams, and directly with customers to increase the footprint of VMware NSX Service Defined Firewall within your assigned account base.
As a Service-Defined Firewall Solution Engineer, you are responsible for driving the technical sales cycles to ensure customer success and revenue goals derived from VMware NSX. You will be focused on selling selling the value of Service-Defined Firewall.
Location: This is a home office based position and will require travel.
If you think this is a good match for you, please read on and apply today! We look forward to reviewing your resume.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Present VMware Service Defined Firewall vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to executives, technical management and technical engineers
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud computing and networking applications, industry directions, and trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive architectures
- Assist sales in preparation of proposals, statement of work, and supporting documents for prospects
- Work collaboratively with sales associates, product management, technical marketing and engineering during the development, launch and continuing refinement of NSBU products
- Maintain, grow, and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key partner field organizations and VMware System Engineers
- Understand and articulate the impact of Network Security to a customer’s physical IP network, operations and future network and networking security architectures
- 5+ years’ experience insecurity focused technology related work, including pre-sales systems engineer or customer-facing engineer working on large scale enterprise and service provider environments
- experience selling network infrastructure based security appliances ( firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, security proxies)
- Understand what it takes to be a successful pre-sales systems engineer
- Startup mentality - “whatever it takes”
- Enthusiastic and charismatic presentation skills
- Hypervisor hands on and architecture experience in at least one of the following: VMware / Xen / KVM
- Experience or good understanding of any of the following cloud management systems: OpenStack, CloudStack, vCloud Automation Center (vCAC), vCloud Director (vCD)
- Understand Datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures deployed both Layer 2 and Layer 3 based
- Ability to communicate with Network Architects and other members of the team
- Translate customer requirements and quantify them to bring back to product management
- Must be comfortable and have a desire for hands-on duties supporting customers during product demonstrations, training, and PoCs
- Ability to run Proof of Concepts onsite with customers and project manage the entire activity
- Ability to deliver basic training & workshop sessions as part of the pre-sales process
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience
- We look for individuals who have integrity and share our EPIC2* values (see below)
- You would be a great fit if you are independent, yet have a huge desire to give back to your team
- Being Passionate about technology and its impact on customers is important
- A high level of social intelligence will help you see the political dynamics of any customer situation
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by Vmware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2006811