Area Vice President, New York & New Jersey EnterpriseNew York City, New York, Remote - New Jersey, United States 03/31/2020
The Area Vice President is responsible for selling RSA’s solution directly to NY/NJs leading companies. You will develop and maintain relationships with the target customers to drive RSA’s sales in the New York/New Jersey.
The successful candidate will lead the NY/NJs RSA business and be part of both the Americas’ Sales leadership team. This role holder will directly manage a team Sales Professions in the region and will also coordinate the utilization and effectiveness of the regions Sales Engineers, Channel and Specialty resources. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing both existing and new business within a complex and competitive environment. The role holder will be entirely responsible for the overall performance of the region and therefore ownership of the business plan is essential along with clear leadership, acting as a principal voice of RSA, whilst establishing our "relevance", both internally, in the marketplace and partner community.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong Enterprise software and solution sales experience and have a proven track record of being a visionary sales leader, who can inspire world-class sales performance across the region, while being hands on with coaching of the sales teams and participation in deals.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish sales through management of specific industry or product segment sales teams
- Attains team revenue and margin targets
- Ensures brand values are maintained
- Provides direction, development and inspiration to team members
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce
- Drive sales strategies and sales promotion campaigns
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
- Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities
- Responsible for organizing cross functional teams' engagement with accounts
- Directly manages field based individual contributors
- Sets focus for outside team and helps sets focus of vertical, business, channel, and/or segment
- Drives focus with cross-business functions
- Drives business process improvement efforts
- Understands complexities of the environment and works within Dell to solve complex business issues
- Collaborates with other functions to resolve escalations/customer issues quickly
- Implements training and development plans for organization
- Strong understanding of customer/industry climate
- Knowledgeable in solutions and technical acumen
- Typically 12+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience, ,with 2+ years managerial/leadership experience
- Demonstrable history of consistent sales over achievement.
- Proven strategic approach to developing and maintaining new business with a demonstrable track record in new business development, managing complex sales cycles which are contract heavy.
- Operational excellence in process, systems, pipeline and forecast management.
- Demonstrable success in building and retaining high caliber talent for a rapid growing market.
- Capability to leverage your relationships and your knowledge of the market for deals, and attracting talent and building a strong talent pipeline.
- Highly motivated professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable thought leadership and can interchange between transnational and transformation as required.
- Must be mobile and willing to travel throughout the region
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: RSA Job ID: R048229