Senior Solution Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: New York City,New York
Senior Solutions Engineer-SLED-Northeast (New York City/Mid-Hudson/Long Island)
At VMware we currently have an excellent opportunity within our Sales Engineering organization for an experienced Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer (SE) to join our team in the New York City, Lower Hudson, or Long Island regions
Now is the time to join the most exciting company in Modern Apps, Cloud, and Anywhere Workspace, serving customers in State & Local Government, and Education (SLED). In SLED, we serve those who serve others and if this excites you, we would love to hear from you!
Due to global events, governments and schools have had to race to drive digital transformation capable of flexible computing models, consistent user experiences, and superior trust. This affects the ways they engage their constituents and students, and no longer can we reliably depend on monolithic, heavily instrumented, on-premise applications. Instead, computing today requires a broad strategy that encompasses on-premise clouds and public cloud providers. Doing it right, while not forsaking legacy applications, security or usability requires longevity and experience.
VMware solves these Cloud Generation problems with a comprehensive portfolio of integrated solutions. The platform is comprised of a wide range of products and services; covering many of the capabilities required by exceptional IT operators as well as the advanced developer communities. VMware earns its seat at the table because of this broad set of capabilities, and IT Executives can’t help but pay attention to the innovations that VMware is bringing into their organizations.
As a VMware Solutions Engineer (SE) you will play a substantial role in building and sustaining customer relationships while driving the enterprise adoption of VMware solutions and exceeding our revenue goals. As an SE you will work closely with sales and extended specialists teams to build business relationships and align with customers’ outcomes. As an SE your role will be impactful, visible, and rewarding. Come be a part of our growing team of problem solvers at VMware!
Location: This is a home office-based position and will require travel.
Travel: 50% (post pandemic) in territory
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with field sales team to collaborate on customer solutions.
- Understand the customer's business objectives, and match VMware competencies, to achieve customer's business and technical requirements.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted adviser for customers across all lines of business.
- Continuously develop and expand the knowledge of customers' business and mission. Create and present solutions that address customers' needs using the VMware portfolio along with third-party solutions.
- Present, demonstrate and evangelize the VMware value proposition, vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to partners and customer roles including C-level executives, technical management, and technical engineers.
- Work with your customers to obtain technical validation of proposed solution, and create high quality Future State Architectures for that deliver your customers desired outcomes.
- Perform Assessments from financial and infrastructure data collection to create customer ROI/TCO reports.
- Assist with preparation of proposals, statements of work, and supporting documents for customers.
- Identify new customer projects for VMware solutions, and participate in demand generating (prospecting) and pipeline building events and activities.
- Provide consistent field reporting, and data input via Salesforec.com
- 8 or more years of experience in information technology (IT).
- Pre-sales or customer facing experience with strong relationship building skills.
- Experience in positioning Professional Services as part of Solution Selling.
- Ability to comprehend and stay current in the latest VMware and partner technologies.
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to level of role and understanding.
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a documented business alignment approach to tackle those challenges with technology
- A balanced infrastructure and software engineering background.
- Ability to develop and effectively communicate business cases and justifications to partners.
- BA/BS required with Masters preferred.
- VCP or equivalent VMware hands-on experience preferred.
- Experience in State, Local Government and Education (SLED) market preferred but not required
- Experience with IT consolidation and technology integration projects which include VMware technology and 3rd party peer partner technologies (i.e. AWS, Azure, VMware Cloud on...)
- Experience or awareness of the available public cloud or hybrid cloud services is highly desirable.
*This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-08
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111636