Product Marketing Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Bridgeport,Connecticut
Newark,New Jersey,USA; Washington,District of Columbia,USA; Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,USA; Portland,Maine,USA; Boston,Massachusetts,USA; Burlington,Massachusetts,USA; Reston,Virginia,USA; New York,New York,USA; Baltimore,Maryland,USA; ,London,GBR;
This role will sit in VMware's Security Business Unit, VMware Carbon Black; a leader in cloud-native endpoint and workload protection dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyber-attacks.
Our team is looking for a Product Marketing Manager who will focus on product marketing for VMware Carbon Black. As a key member of the team, you’ll be responsible for defining, positioning (internally and externally) and driving the messaging, strategy and execution of the go-to-market plan for our security leadership and security strategy across our Carbon Black Cloud platform. You’ll work closely with SBU product management, sales specialists, alliances and other VMware business units to develop thought leadership and engagement.
To be a successful product marketer is to be savvy of technology industry dynamics and trends, have a deep understanding of our business, be a messaging expert, a constant collaborator with cross-functional teams, and a creative producer of both offers and content.
- Launch new strategies, solutions and features for our expanding endpoint and workload security portfolio.
- Work with product management and technical marketing counterparts to develop go-to-market (GTM) strategy of different security strategies and solution positioning.
- Understand VMware’s portfolio and participate in cross-functional marketing activities and programs to drive our VMware Security vision.
- Participate in launches, sales support, customer executive briefings, PR/AR, naming and pricing/packaging, working closely with marketing and product management.
- Enable and train our Sales teams and partners to effectively communicate our messaging, use cases and differentiators to customers.
What you bring:
- 2 plus years of experience in enterprise software product marketing or product management for high-tech companies: Information Technology, Cloud products/services, and SaaS offerings within the B2B space.
- Experience working with security products.
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment demonstrating autonomy in conforming to strategic intent while adhering to team values.
- Experience positioning technical products to technical users and business decision-makers.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Dev Marketing
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111623