Sr. Telco Cloud Specialist - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Miami,Florida
The Sr. Telco Cloud Specialist is the leader and primary interface to technologists and key decision-makers to our first-tier communication service provider customers. You will be expected to build relationships with technologist in our customers and strategic partners and develop technical solutions for the Radio Access Network (RAN) and/or Mobile Packet Core.
In this capacity you will lead the development, presentation, and positioning of multi-product solutions for customers in the Telco industry and ensure VMware’s roadmap and strategy meets customer requirements. You will also be responsible for being the ‘voice of the customer’ within the VMware product and development teams.
You are a thought leader driving technical and business requirements with large Mobile and Communications Providers. You have worked in the Telco and/or Cloud ecosystem of Vendors and/or Partners to drive end to end strategy for customers.
Industry Specific Knowledge:
- Knowledgeable in 3G/4G and 5G Radio network architecture and ecosystem
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP packet core domain and specifications as related to 4G EPC and 5G core.
- Functions: SMF, UPF, AMF, MME, SAEGW, ePDG
- Subscriber and Policy (PCRF/PCF, AUSF, SDM, HSS, HLR)
- Knowledgeable in Radio Access Network (RAN) design and RAN virtualization
- Strong technical knowledge of 3GPP specifications as related to CU and DU and RRU protocol interfaces
- RAN Technologies (vRAN, Small Cells, MIMO, Timing and Sync with GPS, IEEE 1588v2)
- Knowledge of O-RAN specs, TIP/OpenRAN projects, and/or ONF SD-RAN.
- Mobile Private LTE, Small Cell, and Wi-Fi Industry experience
- Data Center networking, Virtualization, NFV and SDN
- Layer 1-3 functionality
- Cloud Native Container orchestration via Kubernetes.
- MEC and Edge Computing
- Management and Orchestration (e.g., MANO), Network Management, OSS/BSS, and TM Forum standards
Should also have:
- Consultative selling skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with virtual teams in order to develop and deliver customer solutions
- Communications Service Provide domain knowledge
- Language-Spanish, Portuguese speaking skills preferred
- You will present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management and illustrate relevant Mobility and Service Provider use cases for VMware products
- You will drive the adoption and usage of VMware products within strategic Telco and Service Provider accounts
- Develop technical aspects of the sales strategy to ensure alignment with business objectives in Telco RAN and/or Packet Core
- You will provide technical leadership and business support for strategic opportunities involving the VMware core NFV, SDDC, SD-WAN, SDN, SDS, IoT, security, and mobile / device client solution sets
- You will act as the advocate in driving the customer agenda engaging with internal entities at VMware, including leadership, product, engineering, marketing and R&D groups
- You will maintain technical and business knowledge of industry directions, trends, relevant standards, trade associations, industry consortia, etc. and present on behalf of VMware when appropriate
- You will maintain working knowledge of applicable competitor products and offerings
- You will actively participate in regular professional development, training, and certification activities that are relevant to your job role
- You will provide consultative support and collaboration on factory driven development programs, working with product, marketing, support or training organizations representing the voice and point of view of the customer
- You will have 10-15 years of experience in the Telco industry with a major portion selling to or working directly for companies in the telco or mobile communications, media and entertainment sector(s) in a technical, engineering, or development capacity
- You have pertinent professional credentials in the field, such as undergraduate and / or graduate degrees or equivalent, professional certifications, etc.
- You will have direct knowledge of and exposure to the technologies, architectures, and products used throughout the networks and operational environment of communications and media service providers
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter with a friendly demeanor, and the desire / ability to work effectively within a team comprised of a range of personality types, backgrounds, and skill sets
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are required along with excellent presentation skills and strong customer facing and relationship building skills. The ability to present extemporaneously is desirable
- You are self-driven and must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- You have strong listening and question based selling skills with the ability to uncover business challenges and develop solutions to tackle those challenges
- You can demonstrate a history of embracing the EPIC2 values of VMware (https://www.vmware.com/radius/vmwares-culture-built-epic2-values/ ) and are prepared to lead by example in upholding the positive culture and workplace environment that has made VMware a destination employer
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2101531