Senior Advisor, Solutions Architecture - OSNorth Ryde, Australia 07/30/2019
Sr Advisor Solutions Architecture - OS provides advanced technical and/or business consultative services for a high profile clients.
The supported environment is a virtualized networked environment provided to the customer as a managed service. Successful applicants will need to understand and provide over-arching and holistic view of the service provided from a technical perspective. Be key in assisting this client and other clients on design upgrades, expansions and configuration changes, so that the team can deliver to the agreed service level and or exceed the customers expectation. Provide support for day to day operations of the environment including problem resolution, tuning and configuration change.
- Work as part of a team and be technical lead for architectural design, strategies and plans. Review clients Logical Design, DC architectures and solution overview prior to configuration, upgrades and expansions.
- Provide and maintain design / architecture documentation and standards for all changes.
- Own the configuration management strategy for the OS images supported for clients. This includes key components of lifecycle management such as technical operating procedures and guidelines for:
- Baseline management (creation, deviation and reporting)
- Revision management (creation, deviation and reporting).
- Remediation management (patching, hotfixes, upgrades).
- Accounting management (logging, audit and compliance)
- Follow best practices and advise the supporting team and client on practices that will reduce risk and provide stability up to and beyond industry standards.
- Work with in-house team to development & automate repeatable tasks and provide operational support
- Work with Global support and Engineering groups to resolve faults and qualify new solutions.
- Manage risks in the environment, create remediation plans, document and track to completion within an ITIL framework.
- Work with project management team providing technical assistance in planning and implementation of projects.
- Assist Client and supporting team with Disaster Recovery testing and implementation.
- Gain EMC Certification for products supported in the client’s environment.
- Keep current on technical specifications for hardware/software requirements of Dell EMC, VMware and industry products through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering or other relevant subject and / or 8-10+ Years Industry Experience
- Working experience with Microsoft Windows OS Administration including patching, configuration management, anti-virus, security, gold image management and lifecycle management.
- Direct experience with configuration and administration tools including: SCCM, CMS, McAfee, SCOM, vCenter, and, Puppet.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server/Client OS following industry best practices.
- Hypervisor Technology: VMWare ESXi (required)
- Certificate Authority and Group Policy Management.
- Working proficiency in VSAN, NSX vSphere, vRNi, vRLI, vROps and VRA.
- Familiarity with the VMware Data Center, Cloud Infrastructure, Networking and Security
- Knowledge of VBlock, VxBlock, VxRack and VxRail systems (preferred but not essential)
- Scripting ability is an advantage – Python, powershell etc highly desirable
- Understanding of ITIL
- Applied knowledge in Ansible and Verismic desirable but not required.
Skills and Attributes:
- Customer Focused
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Professional, dependable, and flexible team player who is self-motivated
- Must work well under pressure
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Eager to learn new technologies outside of your core skillset
- Mentoring/Coaching skills
Related Job Opportunities
- Virtustream - Technical Project Manager Multiple Locations