Technical Support Engineer 2
- North Ryde, Australia
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Technical Support Engineer
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us as a Technical Support Engineer in our Product Services team in North Ryde to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers. You will be a person our customers trust. They will rely on you to provide timely and accurate solutions to their technical problems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Expertise Support on Object Storage solutions and Act as a remote customer advocate to champion specific customer needs in collaboration with internal teams.
- Applies advanced technical expertise using standard operating and diagnostic protocols to resolve standard to complex system level issues in unique and often complex customer environments.
- Identifies and provides resolutions to an assortment of technical problems.
- Develop and implement resolutions to identified problems, and follows standard practices and procedures.
- Communicates effectively to internal and external customers as necessary through a variety of mediums on procedural and technical issues in a fast paced and customer critical environment.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution with “closed loop” communication ensuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time determining priority levels and negotiating and setting expectations with customers
- Customer issues may be received by Support Centres through automated dial-homes, voice initiated technical calls from Dell Customers, Customer Engineers, or remote maintenance calls, Web Support Calls.
- Work on customer issue remotely via phone/email/chat/WebEx & provide technical support to existing and prospective customers for Dell Object Storage products.
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions.
- Reviews technical solution articles for accuracy and completeness, and give feedback to the authors
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals and develop knowledge base.
- Following standard procedures for proper and timely escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams (e.g. Escalation Engineering/ software developers/Management/Field teams)
- Mentors and/or coaches less experienced TSEs, Helps develop and participate in presentations and informal training for other TSEs.
- Expand knowledge of EMC products & Works toward becoming subject matter expert in a particular area or areas.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Solid knowledge on UNIX/Linux/Windows environments.
- Basic Knowledge of Networking.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Candidates should demonstrate specific knowledge of Dell products and their value added to the customer
- Exhibit a positive attitude to customers and other employees
- Self-motivated and enjoys strong learning ability
- Willingness to work on holidays, weekends and on-call responsibilities as may be required
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or relevant field
- Minimum 2 years of experience with cloud-based storage systems
Experience in any of the below would be an added advantage:
- Experience in NAS/ SAN /Cloud storage would be an added advantage
- Experience on Elastic Cloud Storage/Amazon S3/Azure
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco, VMware or similar technologies is a plus
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: DD Month YYYY
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job Family: Product-Services Engineering Tech-Support Job ID: R100040
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the North Ryde Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.