To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities during COVID-19, please read a letter from Michael Dell.
Cyber Security Analyst - Secureworks - Stratford Upon Avon, UK
Nottingham, United KingdomApply Now
Cyber Security Analyst
Stratford Upon Avon
Secureworks® (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a technology-driven cybersecurity leader that protects organizations in the digitally connected world. Built on proprietary technologies and world-class threat intelligence, our applications and solutions help prevent, detect, and respond to cyber threats. Red Cloak™ software brings advanced threat analytics to thousands of customers, and the Secureworks Counter Threat Platform™ processes over 300B threat events per day. We understand complex security environments and are passionate about simplifying security with Defense in Concert™ so that security becomes a business enabler. More than 4,000 customers across over 50 countries are protected by Secureworks, benefit from our network effect and are Collectively Smarter. Exponentially Safer.™www.secureworks.com
We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
We are looking for an experienced Cyber Security Analyst to act as a senior team member based within the Security Operations team of one of our international clients in the Insurance Sector. The Cyber Security Analyst will be based onsite at our client location and working within a joint Secureworks and client team responsible for performing security monitoring, analysis and incident management duties in relation to supporting our clients Security Operations requirements.
They will be required to:
- Perform unscripted security analysis activities, using access to client tools and systems
- Access log data, configuration data and other systems as necessary to perform analysis
- Interact with client internal teams to manage incidents using client ticketing systems
- Support continuous improvement, including: investigations into repeat false positives, identification of opportunities for process automation, proactive identification of additional data that enables further value-add to event handling, and other suggestions for additional client data that could improve the service, and other efficiencies
- Use knowledge gained in investigations for purposes of process improvement
- Contribute to regular service status reporting for the client
- Support root cause analysis for malware outbreaks within the organization
- provide inputs to continuous improvement of client Security Monitoring, Detection and Response Operations
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in information technology or related field
- Security technology experience (or technology related to MDR Operations)
- 3-5 years minimum hands on experience in security analysis and incident handling within a SOC/CyberOps or organisational CIRT team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical matters to a non-technical audience.
- Work within a team and act as a customer facing representative of Secureworks
- Evidence of current applicable security training and or certifications (e.g. SANS GIAC, CEH etc)
- Experience in working in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment.
This position is located in Stratford Upon Avon.
Why work with Secureworks?
Life at Secureworks means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfils their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Secureworks is part of the Dell Technologies family of brands. If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have any specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible. As members of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancies and ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.
Secureworks, a Dell Technologies company, is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Secureworks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Secureworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any ofthese characteristics.Job ID: R057436