Global Commodity Manager - PackagingLodz, Poland 02/26/2019
Global Commodity Manager – Packaging
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an advisor on our Packaging Procurement team in Lodz, Poland.
A ground-breaking company making game-changing products needs an exceptional supply chain. Commodity Management within Materials and Procurement develops and implements plans to support forecasted needs for suppliers or commodities. We use our in-depth knowledge of foreign and domestic markets to negotiate supplier agreements and contracts with optimum pricing and terms. We also harness our understanding of commodity qualities, transportation options, risk management and supply chain evaluation models to develop optimal commodity management strategies.
The Global Commodity Manager (GCM) is responsible for development and implementation of strategic sourcing plans for Dell’s Packaging that is utilized globally across Dell’s various sites and locations. The line of business this role will support is the Desktop, All in One, Notebook, Servers, support Monitor Packaging Sourcing. The GCM will provide thought leadership from a procurement perspective, and influence business partners to consider new and creative strategies.
- Develop and implement a robust cost process designed to capture savings opportunities to meet the organization’s goals;
- Utilize benchmarks to drive innovation and an external perspective to Dell’s packaging procure processes;
- Deliver a sourcing strategy designed to meet the dynamic requirements of the desktop business;
- Implement procurement initiatives, process improvements, and get feedback from regions on the success of Dell’s global procurement programs;
- Create an optimized supply base which is aligned with the Commodity strategies;
- Develop and lead appropriate supplier engagement mechanisms that add value to the business;
- Drive Dell Normal procurement practices such as RFQ, clean sheet, and cost reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years’ work experience
- Comprehensive program/project management skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Consummate contract development/analysis skills
- Excellent supplier selection/management skills
- Thorough price/cost analysis skills
- Excited to take on a highly visible role in a strategic procurement organization
- MBA with 5-7 years’ work experience
- Knowledge of Packaging Industry
- Knowledge of Desktop, AIO, Server, Notebook Product lines
- An understanding of risk management and its implications
- First-rate financial analysis skills
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you can combine polished negotiating skills with strong market knowledge, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Materials-&-Procurement Job ID: R90570
Related Job Opportunities
- Inventory Management Analyst Łódź, Poland
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.