Senior Hardware Test Engineer
Primary Location: Lodz, Poland
Senior Hardware Test Engineer
When your products transform the way we live and work, nothing can be left to chance. Our Test Engineering team takes charge of the testing, evaluation and validation of all our devices. We’re a team of expert engineers responsible for the development of all test cases and test tools to ensure the functionality and compatibility of our products. We’re involved in the whole testing process from preparing test and diagnostic programs to recommending changes in testing equipment procedures and designing new testing equipment.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Senior Hardware Test Engineer on our TestEngineering team in Lodz to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
The Test Engineering team delivers next-generation product test enhancements for Dell manufactured Servers and PC equipment. Working at the cutting edge, we manage production test process and infrastructure for hardware platforms, peripherals and applications as well as complex products integration tests — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, test engineering methodologies and in collaboration with internal and external partners.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Test Engineer you will be responsible for introduction, management and support of our internal hardware test process in manufacturing environment as well as for its IT infrastructure and related Software.
You will be responsible for all areas of test framework administration which covers Servers, Storages and Desktop Systems. This includes support of products hardware functional check as well as automated software installation phases for all computers manufactured by DELL in Europe. You will be working with other technologists and our worldwide test team to build best solutions.
- Design, introduce, manage and implement changes to our internal test framework (IT infrastructure and related software), this including corrections and development of automation scripts as well as Continuous Improvement of tests quality and efficiency
- Provide L3 technical support for produced hardware test processes – work closely with developers and L1/L2 support, investigate root causes and recommend / introduce remediation to reported cases.
- Provide support and advisory for New Products Introduction (adopt or extend factory infrastructure before product launch to market).
- Track and address reported test and system configuration issues to global development teams if needed - this includes attendance in business meetings and regular updates regarding work progress.
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Validated knowledge of programming skills in BASH, PowerShell, Python, VBA, operating systems: Windows/Linux, firmware: BIOS, device drivers, network, application administration, embedded software/firmware
- Ability to code/debug more sophisticated programs using either written or verbal design specifications
- Deep knowledge of hardware and software interactions, and ability to apply this understanding to resolve issues emphasizing very good knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems Architecture, local and remote administration, TCP/IP network services, task automation.
- 10+ years of related experience with a min of bachelor’s degree
- Learning attitude, high communication skills (Polish and English), capability to influence others to achieve results, problem solving approach, can-do mindset and experience in explaining complicated technical aspects to a non-technical audience
- Electrical and electronic knowledge and experience
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 01 July 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
#LIPriorityJob ID: R093038