To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Chief Software Architect
Primary Location: Remote - Ohio,
Additional Location(s): Ohio
Chief Software Architect
When our customers are looking for IT consulting expertise, where else would they turn but to the company driving human progress through technology? Our Solutions Architecture team within Professional Services are experts in package customization and integration as well as total, end-to-end solutions in targeted industry segments. After thorough consultation with our customers and careful analysis, we develop new IT systems or replace existing systems that support customers’ strategic, operational and financial goals .Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Chief Software Architect on our team.
As the Chief Software Architect, you will be responsible for designing, developing, identifying, and evaluating software solutions derived from customers’/missions’/stakeholders’ requirements while facilitating the planning, tracking, and scheduling of deliverables. You will be required to closely collaborate needs to drive improvement in capabilities and successfully monitor progress of initiatives regularly with the software development teams, program/project management, and other engineers. You will be responsible for facilitating risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture and report them to the Enterprise Architect and Program Manager.
- Be responsible for learning, developing, and maintaining the software domain while ensuring requirements are delivered as capabilities
- Facilitate and drive customers’ mission requirements to team, ensuring development teams are operating within scope
- Define and maintain all aspects of development from approved technology and workflow
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Be required to create and contribute to the software architecture roadmap for the entire enterprise
- 5+ years' experience designing, building, and implementing software applications; 8+ years’ experience leading teams of software developers working on complex software projects
- Proficient polyglot programmer (Java, C, C#, C++, etc.)
- Experience in modern enterprise architecture patterns for modernizing applications, microservices, and containerization
- Capability to lead/drive test-driven development and continuous integration \ continuous delivery (CI\CD) across multiple HW/SW platforms
- Experience with incrementally improving infrastructure, process and architecture concerns derived from requirements for hardware/software compatibility, system interfaces, processes, architecture threads, and system security parameters
Candidate must be a US Citizen and this role requires an active US Department of Defense Top Secret Clearance
- Experience with Extreme Programming, test-driven development, pairing, and related techniques
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or Cloud Foundry
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Job ID: R067010