Senior Customer Support Agent, Technical Services
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
We believe that progress lives at the intersection of technology and humanity, and that our role is to bring innovation to people everywhere to drive progress around the world. Every member of our team plays a critical role in bringing our purpose to life — through our work, passion and commitment to do the absolute best we can for our company, our customers and each other.
What makes a successful Product Services team member?
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Problem Solver
Senior Customer Support Agent, Technical Services
Oklahoma City, OK
At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for our customers whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
Join us as a Senior Customer Support Agent on our Technical Services team in Oklahoma City to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What will your next job look like? Will it provide hands-on, technical and customer-facing training designed just for you—the eager self-starter?
Will you have the perfect balance of being part of an established company, with a start-up, entrepreneurism like no other in the industry?
Do you have strong technical aptitude combined with empathetic interpersonal skills? Imagine what formal on the job training, and the full weight of Dell behind you, will do for your career.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a customer-first mentality, we can teach you the rest.
As part of our Technical Support team you will work with highly skilled technical advisors to develop and deliver solutions that enable customers to maximize returns on IT investments, drive efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Provide first rate Technical Support on Dell supplied products and/or peripherals
- Use troubleshooting techniques and tools learned in training to identify technical defects/issues
- Assign incidents in line with documented guidelines and procedures
- Actively support the customer in all aspects through to problem resolution, keeping the customer informed and updated throughout life of incident
- Clearly and concisely log and track details of solutions provided to resolve customer issues while maintaining and updating customer database
- First-rate customer focus, phone etiquette and work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations and communicate professionally with (occasional) irate customers
- Strong problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills using operational and diagnostic procedures
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience solving problems in a customer relations environment
- Ability to work different days: M-F, or Tu-Sa, or Su-Th.
- Ability to work different hours: am hours, pm hours: same hours/days each week/month, but can change every 3 months. 8 hours/day for 40 hours/week.
- Any relevant industry certifications (such as A+, Network +, CCNA or VMWare) a plus
- Knowledge of computer hardware/software a plus
Job Family: Product-Services Tech-Support Services Global-Services
Job ID: R100748
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.
Global Sales at Dell
We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere so they can transform the way they work and live. Join our sales team and be a part of our story.Learn More About Global Sales
Learn what it's like to work in the Oklahoma City Office.Explore this location
Rewards & Development
It's simple. We believe in rewarding our team members for a job well done, investing in their professional development and filling the majority of our open positions internally.
Health & Wellness
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These benefits are based on your location, so please ask your recruiter for more details.
Dell’s Connected Workplace program offers new ways to work and enables eligible team members to choose the style that best fulfills their needs, both in their job and their personal life.
You may be eligible for other programs in your location including employee purchase program, paid time away from work, financial and savings programs and more. Talk to your recruiter for more details on what benefits programs are available in your location.
Our culture is defined by our values and made real every day by how we work and lead. We know our culture is the foundation for all we’ve achieved, and for all the success ahead of us. Don't take it just from us – see what our employees say in our annual "Tell Dell" results.
- 90% My leader cares about my well-being both professionally and personally.
- 93% I am proud that I never have to worry about Dell Technologies showing up in a headline damaging our ethical reputation.
- 90% My job means more to me than just a paycheck and benefits
- 94% I believe flexible work arrangements (e.g., working remote, mobile, telework, etc.) at Dell Technologies contribute positively to our performance as a company.