To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
5G RAN Senior Architect
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Additional Location(s): Ottawa, Canada
5G RAN Senior Architect
Remote until our facilities re-open in Ottawa
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From applied research to advanced engineering, Dell’s 5G R&D team will design and develop ground-breaking products & solutions, as a first-ever go-to-market for Dell in this space. It’s a fascinating field of work. You will be involved in assessing the competition, developing technology and products and generating intellectual property. Your contributions will drive product architecture and implementation in support of building something from the ground up, all while working with colleagues across the business to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
If you’re interested in taking part in a once in a career opportunity, Dell is looking for a 5G RAN Senior Architect with advanced expertise in 5G Radio, having overall ownership for 5G RAN Architecture, to be part of a brand new, built from the ground up, high powered Ottawa R&D team. The team will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing a technology new to Dell for addressing the demands of the 5G Radio subsystem for operators and to help our customers to exploit this significant market evolution. The candidate for this role will have significant work experience in 5G wireless development, 4G R&D, mobile systems, and 3GPP as well as a strong background in 4G/5G RAN Hardware and Software.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Member of the senior leadership team
- Overall owner for 5G RAN software
- Own interworking specifications toward the Core
- Own functional specifications and architecture for RAN software
- Make versus license decisions for RAN software
- Software partnering strategies
- Software technology roadmap
- Technical lead for architecture team
Additional Responsibilities May Include:
- Apply NFV and cloud system architecture
- Ensure consistent high standards across in-house design, contracted design work, third-party partnerships, and OEM solutions
- Drive solutions aligned with 3GPP and O-RAN Alliance (O-RAN) specifications for 4G and 5G networks in the open RAN ecosystem
- Collaborate closely throughout the development process to jointly establish top-level product characteristics, technology selections, performance algorithms, verification techniques, and sign-off of verification results
- Guide product definition to efficient and effective solutions with compelling customer value in real network deployments
Essential Skills and Expertise/Experience
- Proven record of working on large mobile network systems either as a member of a network equipment manufacturer or as a radio technology provider.
- Expert in RAN Software
- Expert in wireless software ecosystem
- Ideally including exposure to O-RAN
- Experienced in integrating third-party software IP
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP specifications
- Wireless expert with strong hands-on technical skills and the demonstrated ability to work across disparate groups including sales, operations, product management, and engineering.
- Organized, goal-oriented technical leader to lead, follow, and effectively collaborate with knowledgeable development peers and business partners.
Minimum Experience and Education
10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Typically requires 7+ years diversified experience in end-to-end RAN software and industry players
Dell Technologies is a unique family of businesses that helps organizations and individuals build their digital future and transform how they work, live and play—providing customers with the industry’s broadest and most innovative technology and services portfolio. We value our customers, winning together, innovation, results and integrity. Grow your career with a highly competitive salary, bonus programs, world-class benefits and unparalleled learning and development opportunities— all at a company that is proud to be diverse and inclusive. Learn more on how we are closing the diversity gap here.
Job ID: R065671