To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Primary Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Note: Candidate must live in or near Ottawa, Ontario Canada or Gatineau, Quebec, Canada.
The VMware Solution Engineer (SE) plays an important role in building and sustaining customer relationships, while driving the adoption of our solutions to achieve our revenue goals. The SE works very closely with sales to build long-term business relationships within assigned customer accounts. The SE is a high-impact, highly visible role responsible for ensuring pervasive enterprise adoption of VMware software and solutions and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts in Eastern Canada Region.
This position represents an opportunity to join our dynamic company and become an integral part of a talented team transforming the technology landscape by providing support to VMware Sales Teams, Customers, and Partners. The SE is proficient in enterprise solution selling that includes products, services, and support related to modernizing applications, enabling multi-cloud datacentres, virtual cloud networking, digital workspaces, and intrinsic security. You are expected to help accelerate and close business within a geographic territory or defined set of accounts. You must be a self-starter to build out and pursue customer relationships. Typical duties include creating customized onsite demonstrations; assisting customers and partners with product evaluations and product feature/benefit discussions, creating solution designs with an outcome focus, and/or proposal development and responses.
The SE will be expected to demonstrate strong knowledge of VMware vSphere and one other VMware (such as vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Automation, Horizon/Workspace One, Site Recovery Manager, VMware Cloud Services, NSX, Hybrid Cloud/Hyperscalers, Tanzu) and will continue to build strengths by learning from Solution Engineers and other Technical Services personnel. Tanzurepresents VMware's growing portfolio of solutions to help you build, run and manage modern apps. We help customers develop cloud-native apps and maintain existing apps side-by-side, on the same enterprise-grade platform. Extensive knowledge of the software development landscape is also welcomed, with demonstrated experience in helping customers accelerating their software development lifecycle and their cloud-native application solutions.
Above all, you have a customer-focused mindset and are a hands-on technical expert to support the sales activities in your region. The role, responsibilities, and geographical focus can change and develop over time.
Required Skills / Experiences
- Expert understanding of virtualization concepts, hands-on experience building and maintaining a virtual infrastructure in a production environment
- Experience in a systems management or cloud architecture, and/or Digital Workspace & Security, and/or Cloud-Native Application platforms / development
- Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 Server platforms, Windows Server and Linux operating system expertise, SAN / NAS storage technologies and TCP/IP networking,
- Experience with enterprise applications, systems management, high-availability and/or backup solutions
- Provide pre-sales support to sales teams, partners and ultimately customers
- Continually learn and maintain current knowledge of complete VMware product set and be able to describe key features and benefits of each
- Develop and deliver responses to customer and prospect technical inquiries, including RFPs, RFIs, and initial architecture discussions
- Provide evaluations and proof-of-concept assistance to partners and customers
- Participate in SE discussion forums
- Document customer feature requests
- Assist product development in testing new products and provide feedback
- Keeps abreast of developments within the industry and the organization
- Establish positive working relationships – internal and external
- Pre-sales experience is not required but should have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team and customer-facing environment
- You should be a motivated, self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You possess exceptional organizational and planning skills and have the innate ability to multitask
- You have the ability to build and present high-quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
- Establish positive working relationships – internal and external
- Understanding of cloud-native design principles and best practices
- Understanding of agile software delivery principles
- Pays attention to software development/architecture trends and best practices
- Pays attention to cloud infrastructure trends and best practices
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
- Ability to see and present 'the big picture' and offer solutions to make it better
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
- Ability to travel up to 30% regionally
- Account Executives (AEs)
- VMware Channel Partners
- Regional Sales Management
- Product Sales and SE Specialists
- Other VMware SEs
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-24
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2015058