Advisory Solutions PrincipalOverland Park, Kansas 02/10/2020
Advisory Solutions Principal, Sales Engineering
Overland Park, Kansas
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as Advisory Solutions Principal on our Sales team in Overland Park, Kansas.
The Advisory Solutions Principal role provides technical leadership and direction to customers and internal staff in the analysis, design and development of solutions for customers, provides pre-sales technical support to field sales teams during the sales process, and is accountable for the technical validity and interoperability of solution and the direct relationship with the customers’ strategic business plans.
This position defines the overall Dell solution for the customer and makes presentations on all aspects of company products and services. The Advisory Solutions Principal assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products and services to meet customer needs and prepares detailed product specifications for selling high end product and solutions.
- Conducts customer needs analysis and project scoping
- Coordinates internal specialists and inter-department activities.
- Assists sellers in creating demand for product.
- Customarily and regularly engaged at client facilities and delivers high impact presentations leveraging strong technical skills.
- Supports highly complex and high value accounts exercising wide latitude to determine objectives and approaches
- Gains access and manages relationships with senior level executives and IT decision makers
- Devises new approaches/methods to selling enterprise/client products and services
- Verifies operbility of highly complex product and service configuration within the customer’s environment that addresses critical issues
- Identifies and allocates roles and responsibilities required to support account team
- Synthesizes market, industry and competitor data to anticipate how external factors will influence the position of the solution and makes decisions that impact the long term success of the business
- Creates formal networks internally and externally with industry experts and key decision makers
- Leverages third-party and/or the Channel to create and position the solution
- Assumes leadership role in analyzing requirements and performing advanced systems integration and providing technical expertise to design and implement solution across breadth of Dell and third-party products and services
- Senior level sales engineer with expert understanding of complex products and services portfolio
- Leveraged as coach/mentor to others
- Provides customer/industry/market insight to internal leaders and cross- functional groups
- Qualifies the most complex sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding
- Presents the design and value of proposed solution and business case to customers, prospects and management at the executive level
- Requires a high degree of technical competency to respond to customer needs and to discuss product capabilities and applications with technical users/buyers
- Assists in formulating the customer’s long-term strategic vision and our role as a strategic partner
- Influences the future development of enterprise/client technology, products, and services
- Expected to be part of the overall product development cycle
- Works with strategic planning teams to define future directions and strategies for products and services
- Typically requires 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you share our passion for data and you’re keen to play a key role in driving progress, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: RSA Job ID: R058065