Senior Member of Technical Staff, Cloud Software Systems/Platform - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
VMware Service Provider and Edge Business Unit is looking for a highly motivated Senior Member of Technical Staff to join the team that is building a cloud-native RAN Controller platform for 5G mobile networks. The 5G mobile network is undergoing a major transformation into a virtualized, cloud-native and software-defined network, and in this role, you will be engineering a product at the intersection of cloud and 5G that is envisioned to disrupt the telecom industry.
Knowledge about wireless or mobile radio access networks is a plus but not necessary.
- Design and implement various components of the RAN control platform, including real-time data ingestion/processing, onboarding cloud native RAN control applications, and AI/ML workflow functions
- Work collaboratively with engineering team to design and implement RAN use-cases as cloud-native control applications on the platform
- Work collaboratively with engineering team to make the platform reliable, scalable and secure and implementation compatible with the most-popular cloud platforms and orchestration solutions in the industry.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers and Solution Architects to develop and package a high-quality product/solution.
- Support production trial and deployment in customers’ networks.
- Document architecture, design and best practices while developing and deploying product solutions.
- Work in an agile development environment while continuously evaluating and improving engineering processes.
- M.S or Ph.D. in CS, EE or related field, with 5+ years of experience in software architecture, design and development
- 3+ years of experience as feature/component lead of complex features/components
- Interest in all things distributed in Cloud: Distributed Systems, Big Data, Real-Time Streaming/Processing experience.
- Strong programming skills in Java; experience with Go and Python is a plus
- Agile Software Development expertise
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Highly motivated team player
- Experience with working in fast-paced environment
- Good communication and presentation skills
Good to have
- Experience with container technologies. Kubernetes knowledge is a plus
- Experience in data/ML engineering is a plus
- Experience writing Java applications in a stream processing framework such as Spark, Flink
Experience with handling data formats like protobuf and JSON
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2106948