Accounting Operations - Analyst
Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
The Finance & Operations team is responsible for the company’s overall finance and accounting functions, as well as IT, enterprise data & analytics, strategy and corporate development, business operations, investor relations, strategic sourcing and the real estate and workplace function, which manages VMware sites worldwide. Procure to Pay (P2P) within the organization encompasses management of supplier onboarding, procurement of goods and services, invoice and payments processing. As part of the P2P Global Process Owners (GPO) team, you will help manage process definition, systems support, lead process assessments, and drive process design while supporting technology initiatives bringing automation and process improvements to the P2P organization.
Job Role and Responsibility
- Subject matter expertise:
- Demonstrate ability to understand complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, and policy
- Articulate and translate risks into business issues and prioritize findings/recommendations in tune with corporate strategy
- Solid understanding of US GAAP
- Process transformation:
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement within the close process and implement process improvement
- Ability to identify and root cause operational issues, problem solve and recommend solutions, and drive issues to closure in a timely and well thought out manner
- Business Partnership:
- Work with stakeholders as the subject matter expert for high priority projects and
- Define overall requirements, articulate and or document process objectives, validate design decisions, and process/workflow requirements
- Collaborate with various accounting teams and SOX PMO to ensure that SOX impacted processes and improvements are properly documented, support self-testing of key areas
- Excels in project management and has the ability to manage a team in the face of changing demands and priorities
- Support other critical priorities such as M&A integration, new legal entity creation
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or relevant field of study.
- Ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills, including good communication with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
- Ability to think creatively, take ownership of tasks and adapt to changing business requirements
- Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow through to acquire new skills
- High level of accountability and integrity
- Work well in a global virtual environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing
- The ability to be detail oriented but can visualize the larger impact of a series of transactions or events.
- MS Excel, Access, Oracle, SAP or related systems and tools skills
- Ability working with cross functional teams
- Enterprise level experience and comfortable with executive-level management interaction
- Effective presentation skills
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This role is flexible and can be done from home, in an office, or a combination of the two anywhere in the Bay Area, California.
Category : Finance
Experience: Entry Level
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-08
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105017