Consultant Strategy and Operations, Dell Technologies Edge/IoTAustin, Texas, Palo Alto, California, United States 02/08/2019
Consultant Strategy and Operations, Dell Technologies Edge/IoT
Palo Alto, California or Austin, Texas preferred. Remote candidates also considered
Dell Technologies is a technology leader with $74B in revenue having completed the biggest tech deal in history with EMC on Sep 7th, 2016. It is at the center of Cloud, Big Data, Security, & the Internet of Everything and is comprised of Dell, Dell-EMC, VMware, Pivotal, SecureWorks, RSA, & Virtustream. Over the last 3 years, the combined Dell-EMC businesses have invested $12.7B in R&D and ranks #1 in IEEE’s Patent Power Scorecard with over 20,000 patents & patent applications. The legacy EMC business is also ranked #2 by Fortune in World’s Most Admired Companies 2016 (Computer Industry) and #6 for Great Place to Work among Multinationals. Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We believe in working together to build a brighter future, celebrating the entrepreneurial spirit that lives inside us all, and marrying innovation with action. Dell is proud to offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live. To that end, Dell Technologies IoT Solutions Division provides essential Edge/IoT infrastructure solutions
by leveraging our unique strengths and by leading the transformation of business to take advantage of the shift to the Edge.
- Partner with the Director Strategy and Operations on strategy for the division to identify, align, and implement strategic goals and objectives together with the IoT leadership team
- Contribute to the development of Dell Technologies IoT strategy and business plans to capitalize on current/future market trends and achieve operational efficiencies
- Recommend changes in strategy and action plans based on planning and analysis including evaluation of new products/markets and competition
- Lead initiatives to translate Dell Technologies IoT strategy into strategic operational plans
- Work closely with senior leadership on a wide range of business critical and strategic issues
- Develop/facilitate senior executive communication for internal and external audiences such as the Dell Technologies, Dell, and VMware leadership and IoT Functions
- Provide leadership and direction for cross-functional activities that span across multiple companies and organizations
- Lead program management for cross-functional projects
- Provide guidance to cross-BU operational team members, including Finance and HR
- Lead the set-up of new processes across organizations and companies together with key stakeholders
- Lead business intelligence including follow-up, measurement, and reporting of KPIs to key stakeholders
- Lead sales business intelligence projects including development of revenue tracking, both direct and indirect, for new IoT Solutions across Dell Technologies
- Provide planning, hiring, budget, and spend management support
- 2-3 years post-MBA experience at a top management consulting firm e.g. Sr. Associate, Project Leader, Case Team Leader) or equivalent corporate strategy, corporate finance, or product management, function
- Experience in IT industry required (either through consulting or past work experience)
- Top-tier undergraduate & MBA credentials
- Strong communications skills and presence to engage with senior executives
- Strong analytical skills to develop insights into complex business issues
- Strong track record of outstanding performance with increasing levels of responsibility
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to play an instrumental role in our strategic development of Edge/IoT, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell Technologies.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Corporate-Development-&-Strategy Job ID: R81494
Related Job Opportunities
- Strategic Business Development Operations Strategy Consultant - Austin, TX - Boston, MA Texas
- Senior Consultant, Business Strategy Texas
- Strategic Business Development Advisor - Austin, TX Texas
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.