To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Director, Business Strategy & Planning, Velo Cloud
Primary Location: Palo Alto, California
Additional Location(s): Palo Alto, California
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data centre to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
IT departments are spending more on security than ever before, but the damage caused by data breaches keeps getting worse. To solve this problem, VMware’s Networking and Security team is challenging traditional thinking about IT security. We take a software-based approach that brings customers new levels of usability and effectiveness in today’s fast-changing public and private cloud environments. We’re tackling one of IT’s toughest problems by helping customers manage networking and security services through a single pane of glass across diverse environments. Our software solutions free IT environments from physical constraints to help them achieve superior agility, tighter security, and faster provisioning.
VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud simplifies branch WAN networking by automating deployment and improving performance over private, broadband Internet and LTE links for today’s increasingly distributed enterprises, as well as service providers.
Job Role and Responsibility: As a market leader in the fast-growing SD-WAN space, we are seeking a talented individual to drive Business Strategy & Planning for this exciting business.
Strategy & insights: help the BU/GM/Corp Staff with data/analytics framework & modeling to drive decision making Execution: support the implementation of that decision / initiative (e.g., working with appropriate teams to implement pricing strategies, discount -tiers), and support/provide input in on-going planning and ops activities Collaboration: establish strong working relationships within BU, and across VMW/Dell to support the work
Job Description (Key activities / deliverables)
- Strategy: Develop data & analytics-based insights & recommendations to support and drive decision making around Velo BU strategies, revenue and transformation plans; e.g.:
- Pricing analysis, GTM model & tweaks (coverage, comp, partners), competitive analysis, SaaS /HaaS Metrics transformation
- Optimize Supply Forecast & Inventory procurement modeling to proactively manage the Supply to Demand needs
- Drive the Long-Range planning & strategic vision for the Velo BU based on external and internal (vision/ assessment) analysis
- Support Velo GM/Corp Staff with development of communications/ presentations for VMW eStaff, CPBU / NSX BU QBRs
- Strategies to drive incremental business through RTMs, Telco and Non-Telco, including optimizing discount tiers, rebates
- P&L impact analysis on deals requiring exceptions over set discount thresholds
- ROI modeling on MQL, SQLs, PQLs, rebates etc
- Analysis to support organic/acquisition investment & business development decisions
- Execution (Drive Planning / Transformation) : Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution, working with appropriate teams across VMW BU & Sales
- Manage/Coordinate the Dell relationship both as an RTM (SaaS enablement, GTM etc.) and R&D/ manufacturing partner
- Lead/Provide strategic perspective into on-going planning and operational activities (e.g., bi-annual planning, key metrics, etc.)
- Establish strong relationships with BU GM/Corp Staff, BU Finance, Competitive Intelligence, and peers, serve as a thought partner and support decision making with analytical support
- Partner/interface with leaders across the BU / VMW and Dell (e.g., Sales, Marketing, R&D, Finance, Operations) in support of strategy definition and operational execution
- Lead and coach junior team members (direct or virtual team) in data gathering, quantitative / qualitative analysis, developing insights and recommendations
• Direct and coordinate strategy, planning activities for a large, growing business, conducting market level and quantitative analyses of information affecting business unit.
• Work collaboratively across various groups to interpret complex financial information and develop a strategic plan to advance the business unit, increase revenue/profit, and improve overall productivity.
• Evaluate data pertaining to costs to plan budgets and align business unit goals.
• Meet business and financial targets through effective business operations support, aligning business priorities/initiatives across all functions.
• Prepare operational reports for management analysis, business portfolio work and review sales analytics, key sales metrics and partner in sales forecasting
• Utilize professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Significant experience in business strategy & from a technology organization during critical scaling phase
• Business portfolio management with senior executive teams
• Supporting product pricing, packaging strategy and go-to-market
• Growth planning, mergers and acquisitions and support overall strategy
• Hardware/software supply chain, fulfilment, and logistics management
• Excellent communicator
• Highly analytical with ability prioritize and execute efficiently
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Strategic Planning
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-08-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2011871