Director, CEO Executive Communications
Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
Global Communications Team
Storytelling is at the heart of VMware’s future growth; with great stories we inspire our customers, influencers, stakeholders, and employees about the positive impact VMware technologies can have in business and in our communities. The Global Communications Team leads the storytelling function at VMware. We are a team of approximately 75 communications professionals spanning public relations, industry analyst relations, integrated storytelling, and executive and employee communications. It’s a fast-paced, dynamic, and exciting environment. We’re looking for communication professionals with great attitude, who are smart, creative, thoughtful, collaborative, and organized, and who thrive at the center of world-class communications.
This position is responsible for managing executive communications for VMware’s Chief Executive Officer. In this role, this person will create CEO content and messaging to engage, inspire and inform a diverse set of audiences, including employees, customers, partners, shareholders, and influencers. This person will serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO, with responsibility for creating deliverables in a variety of formats, including keynote presentations, blogs and videos. This person will also oversee the day-to-day comms operations of the Office of the CEO and will collaborate with the CEO’s chief of staff.
- Develop CEO thought leadership content to articulate the company’s vision and priorities while positioning the CEO as an industry spokesperson, business leader and thought leader
- Manage the CEO’s voice internally to drive employee engagement in partnership with the Global Employee Comms team
- Help shape the CEO’s digital strategy and exec-social presence across various platforms
- Engage and collaborate across the broader VMware community globally, including R&D Engineering teams, business units and functions, corporate marketing, and the global communications teams at VMware
- Outstanding verbal, written and storytelling skills
- Direct experience working with a CEO to manage and drive their executive communications
- Proven ability to create and execute a CEO thought-leadership keynote presentation that breaks through the noise and tells a memorable story
- Ability to navigate across the business and effectively lead a large, diverse group of stakeholders through the content-creation process in order to gather their input and drive alignment – while keeping the final deliverable on track
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing and implementing innovative communications messages and strategies within a global organization
- Strong executive presence required
- Experience in the software/enterprise IT infrastructure segment preferred
- Proven ability to establish trusted relationships at the senior-executive level
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and drive them to successful completion and results
- Demonstrated success at crafting corporate communications strategy in partnership with senior leadership and across functions /geographies
- Proven ability to think strategically and drive execution across multiple communication disciplines and channels
VMware’s Equal Opportunity Commitment
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Public Relations
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-29
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105947