Senior Manager or Director, Global GTM StrategyPalo Alto,California 02/28/2020
VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s cloud, networking and security, and digital workspace offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to more than 500,000 customers globally, aided by an extensive ecosystem of partners. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to build, run, manage, connect and protect applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
VMware is committed to being a force for good, from its breakthrough innovations to its global impact. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware is looking for a talented leader and team player to fill a highly visible role in our Worldwide Customer Strategy organization. The Director, Global Go-to-Market (GTM) Strategy, will be responsible for driving GTM strategy as part of the Integrated Business Planning, GTM Strategy and Corporate Intelligence team. As a candidate for this role, you will have a proven track record of leading GTM strategy development and transformation in high-tech companies, specifically driving a shift from Product to Solution selling and a transformation to Cloud and SaaS business models. This is a critical role that will help VMware transform our GTM strategy to support our growth to a $20B company.
The responsibilities of this role include working within the VMware Sales & Services organization to build strategies that will drive emerging product growth and drive business in new markets leveraging our existing and emerging routes-to-market and strategic partnerships. This role will be involved in all aspects of strategy development, defining the supporting Sales and Partner coverage models and pipeline acceleration as well as defining programs that will be critical to realizing success. This individual must be very strong at working cross functionally at all levels of the organization and have a track record of constructively disturbing the Status Quo.
The successful candidate will be a ‘Strategic Doer’ with great energy, initiative and leadership qualities that inspire teaming and trust to influence cross functional teams in support of defining and evolving our GTM strategy and practices.
- Define GTM strategy for new VMware offerings, led by internal and external research, benchmarking and analytics
- Assess effectiveness of current GTM strategy, refine and optimize accordingly
- Partner with Sales leaders to design segmentation, coverage and capacity planning models
- Lead the evolution of VMware GTM for Solution Selling and SaaS transformation
- Evangelize GTM strategy by engaging cross-functional teams including Sales, Services, Customer Success, Finance, Business Ops and Product Marketing/Management
- Provide thought leadership, perform business analysis and support execution of high-impact strategic projects and mission-critical initiatives as part of the sales leadership team
- Drive alignment and best practices application across regions and shared functions to implement the Sales and Partner GTM strategy globally
- Develop external benchmarking to develop a best-in-class strategic account sales structure to support our largest and highest potential customers
- Analyze market trends and customer feedback to anticipate customer needs, features, and functional requirements from which the GTM and Engineering teams can design, build, test and implement new offerings
- Ensure market analysis, capacity analysis, customer segmentation, predictive analysis and other internal intelligence is provided to the sales organization
- Balance strategy with operations to ensure that models can be effectively implemented
- Evaluate effectiveness of sales models and programs and determine what programs should start, stop or continue
- 10+ years of extensive and progressive experience in global software Sales Strategy, GTM Strategy, and/or top-tier Strategy Consulting.
- Experience in Cloud and SaaS GTM
- Significant Solution Selling GTM experience strongly preferred
- Great business acumen and exceptional strategic thinking skills balanced with operational execution capabilities
- History of developing and leading GTM strategies and Sales and Services transformations cross-functionally
- Creative with strong problem-solving skills, analytical and process mindset, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive experience building high-quality data models and C-level presentations
- C-suite relationship engagement and management
- Strong executive presence, communication, and interpersonal skills
- High performer with track record of exceeding performance expectations and metrics
- MBA required, top-tier Strategy Consulting experience a plus
Eagernessto translate high-level business objectives into actions
Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
Experiencein Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Strategic Planning
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-02-27
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Strategic-Planning Job ID: R2000562