Director, Technical Program Management - VMware Cloud Services
Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
VMware is in exponential growth mode, as a multi cloud platform to run modern workloads, from mission-critical workflows to containerized apps, in the private cloud, public cloud, and at the edge. VMware Cloud Services Business unit develops and operates cloud management services for customer workloads globally.
We have ambitious goals to expand VMware Cloud (VMC) on X in a way that makes it a great experience for customers and partners for our SaaS service offerings as well as driving commonality and extensibility across all vshpere and Cloud offerings.
We are looking for a Technical Program Director to lead and manage complex X-BU and strategic partner integrations supporting the VMware Cloud strategy. The role will help drive partnerships with business units and VMware Partners to integrate with our SaaS offerings. The role requires an individual with high co-operational and analytical skills who can drive a unifying vision across VMware’s Cloud Services business unit, as well as further other business units within VMware. This individual with have deep interpersonal and fact-based decision-making skills while also being very comfortable with ambiguity and making the unstructured structured.
At VMware, we have a proven track record of transforming our customers' world for the better. Come help drive the next wave of innovation to accelerate that transformation and create technology for a better world.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Create and maintain comprehensive program management reporting, tracking, and executive messaging system with technical due diligence on architecture, design and execution
- Drive technical deep dive and release planning meetings across all Product and Cloud Services Business Units (CSBU, CPBU, CMBU, NSBU, MAPBU).
- Support BU leadership in prioritization discussions and managing large volumes of work across limited resourcing; includes some elements of financial planning as it relates to program budgets and timelines
- Drive VMware product development and release alignment with CI/CD to run on a single unified pipeline for VCF, VMC on AWS, VMC on Dell, VMC on AWS, VCPP and partner cloud offerings.
- Enthusiast of SaaS operating model and cloud services platform vision roadmap through collaboration with engineering teams across multiple business units to streamlined adoption across products
- Work directly with partner providers, internal customers and external partners, as needed, to understand the risks and blockers across programs/projects and identify resolution alternatives for enabling subscription-based offerings
- Coordinate with and report on multiple product and project tracking instances with a high-volume dependency between organizations and projects in-flight
- Influence strategic decision making with program/project insights and holistic view across ongoing initiatives
- Minimum 10+ years in architecture, product development, SaaS development, large complex project management, strategic planning, or similar functions
- Minimum 10+ years of work experience in a company that partners with other technology companies to drive product offerings and hardware / software products with integration with complex IT systems
- Experience leveraging legacy code streams to drive new product and service offerings via structured integration planning, code branching, etc.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills characterized by technical acumen, clarity, and brevity, including working with product roadmap and program management
- Ability to gather and process requirements from persona’s internal and external, including 5+ years of work in a customer or partner facing capacity
- Ability to work with people at all job levels across a broad variety of job functions to coordinate cross-team projects
- Demonstrated analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making, additionally able to make reasoned decisions in situations of uncertainty or imperfect data
JoinCSBU referral campaign
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in a related discipline required. An advanced degree (MS or PhD) is highly desirable.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Program Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2111454