Edge Solutions Architect - Retail - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
VMware Edge Compute Solutions is looking for a Retail focused Solution Architect who will be responsible for developing early customer environment architectures for VMware’s Edge Compute Solutions. Edge Compute is a newly formed group in the Service Provider and Edge BU (SEBU), responsible for taking to market Edge Compute products and services for Enterprises and Service Providers.
The Edge Solution Architect works autonomously and as part of a dynamic and specialized sales team that is responsible for engaging with clients to understand their business challenges and IT priorities in an effort to design customized Edge solutions, that meets their needs. We are seeking an individual who has a real passion for technology - someone with social intelligence, enthusiasm and a collaborative ambitious mentality with a ‘can do’ attitude. Someone who can demonstrate integrity and independence yet have a huge desire to give back to your team. This is a highly visible role, at the forefront of VMware’s strategy, working in a highly collaborative and fast-growing environment.
As an Edge Solution Architect, you will be crafting a solution that may include activities such as running strategy & discovery workshop, conducting client interviews, conducting secondary research and soliciting guidance from VMware Account Team. This team works with product specialists, product managers, public cloud partners, and other stakeholders in the design and validation of offerings and alignment for a customer’s edge architecture. Your primary responsibility is to work with customers, however there will be a strong linkage to VMware’s partner ecosystem in order to design & prove out transformational strategies spanning private, public cloud and Communication Service Provider (Telco) architectures. You are expected to contribute to those strategies, develop reusable domain IP, and mentor internal & external partners on the use of the tools & technologies.
As an Edge Solution Architect you should have excellent listening and discovery skills, strong interpersonal skills, ability to solve complex problems, be a big picture thinker and be able to visualize and articulate the proposed solution. With a clear and agreed upon client vision, you will be responsible for crafting the solution to realize the customer vision during the sales process and retain client ownership through to implementation.
- Participate in and drive elements of the pre-sales process to understand customer business, technical objectives, and product requirements
- Build robust Edge solutions to meet business & technical objectives
- You will present VMware’s holistic Edge strategy and integrated vision across private, hybrid, public and CSP offerings
- Ability to develop Vision, Strategy and Roadmaps deliverables to meet technical solutions
- Ability to think past the products and craft solutions to meet the business/IT needs
- You will establish credibility & build deep relationships with senior technical leaders within customers and become trusted advocates of VMware’s Edge strategy
- Lead technical validation of the VMware Edge solution against business/IT needs
- Participate in deep architectural discussions with enterprise customers and VMware partners to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software and services on VMware’s Edge platform.
- You will work within a team to drive account planning with the customer vision, use case and outcomes
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams
- You will participate in regional marketing events to promote VMware’s Edge strategy
- Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences
- You will provide feedback to Product Management based on customer feedback
- Be flexible to travel, both locally and internationally.
- A mix of technical skills, business insight, and a passion to lead and support the customer is required.
- You will take the role of a lead technologist and should have a deep understanding of retail technology, retail industry architectures and use-cases.
- Requires 15+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent experience in a system architect capacity
- At least 5 years’ Experience in architecting and developing infrastructure and application solutions for retail business, especially, for store-based systems and distribution centers
- Working knowledge and understand of the full technology stack to build resilient, secure, scalable solution using various technologies including, Cloud-native architectures, 5G, SD-WAN, APIs, legacy system modernization
- Experience with technologies associated with digital asset management and product information management
- Familiarity with smart and connected supply chain
- Experienced in working in a global, distributed organization. Flexibility to collaborate across different time zones
- Agile development experience, including methodology and tools. Experience as a Product Owner is an advantage
- Experience leading engineering teams from inception to delivery
- Hands on experience with AI/ML and Advance Analytics application in retail and apparel
- Familiarity with Retail Platform as a Service vendor offerings and solutions
- Detailed knowledge of operational technology (OT) solutions from leading vendors in the retail industry
- Proven experience with retail systems (i.e. POS system integration, loss prevention, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of cloud solutions for edge applications, such as Azure IoT, Azure Stack, AWS Outposts
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Solutions Architect
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2108625