Intern (MBA) - Business Transformation & Automation - Sr. Financial Analyst (Summer 2021)
Primary Location: Palo Alto
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the internship is to provide meaningful professional hands-on experience to students with proven academic performance and leadership potential. Ideal candidates will utilize and further develop finance functional and technical skills, business knowledge, analytical techniques and creative problem-solving abilities along with organization and presentation skills. The assignments are carried out in a variety of work environments, such as On-prem and cloud based financial applications, and different business processes, such Invoice to Cash, Order to Cash, key emphasis on Accounts receivable area, Robotic Process Automation, etc.
As a Sr. Business Analyst Intern within Business Transformation and Automation Finance group, you will be frequently interacting with business/IT partners. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Process flow charts and validation
- Participation in requirement gathering workshops to come up with As is and To be process
- Preparing Business requirement Documents or User stories
- Preparing Test scripts and performing functional testing
- Internal/External reporting
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) finance application review/integrate
- Project management with Finance Transformation projects
- Finance compliance projects
- Walk through and control testing
- Data reconciliations
- Requirements gathering for Robotic process automation of selected finance processes.
- Currently pursuing a full-time MBA degree with an undergrad degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent
- 3-5 years of industry experience in finance
- Business Analysis experience along with facilitating requirements gathering
- Attention to detail and accuracy are extremely critical
- Stakeholder engagement
- Ability to follow up and communicate status
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and result driven approach
- Previous work experience in an enterprise software, SaaS, or other high-tech company
- Understanding of accounting and compliance requirements with Invoice to Cash track or Order to Cash landscape
- Skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Accounting and analytical skills
- Good drafting, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and produce time sensitive deliverables
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This role is available to currently enrolled MBA-level students only. The internship is a 12 week program during Summer 2021.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2010543