New Grad - Product Marketing Manager - Cloud Platform Business Unit
Primary Location: Palo Alto, California
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Cloud Platforms Business Unit (CPBU) is one of the largest business units within VMware. We focus on bringing to market leading solutions in areas of compute virtualization powered by vSphere; Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) powered by VMware vSAN; our ubiquitous hybrid cloud platform powered by VMware Cloud Foundation, and many more solutions for the VMware customer base.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will play a critical role in driving marketing for critical product areas.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support marketing strategy for key BU areas
- Develop positioning and messaging that resonates with key decision makers and buyers
- Lead key launch activities and deliverables
- Evangelize solutions through presentations, webinars, conferences, social media, and other digital channels
- Develop and disseminate market expertise through market research, studies, and customer interviews
- Travel up to 20% as required
- Completed an MBA degree
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in technology product marketing or product management, strategic management consulting, investments banking or management in entrepreneurial projects
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Strong analytical skills and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision making
- Ability to make reasoned decisions in the face of uncertainty or imperfect data
- Previous experience interacting with and presenting to C-level executives
- Experience with enterprise software preferred
- Aptitude to quickly come up to speed on new technology concepts and passion to evangelize a disruptive new technology
- You are a strong leader, self-starter and excellent teammate with experience in a high achievement-oriented environment.
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Dev Marketing
Experience: New Graduate
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-10-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2011229