New Graduate: Instructional Designer/Content Developer | USA
Primary Location: Austin
**Location: Home-office based position from anywhere in the United States**
VMware New Graduate Opportunities:
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers, and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective! If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
New Graduate - Instructional Designer/Content Developer
In this role, this new graduate Instructional Designer/Content Developer will be responsible for the research, creation, maintenance, and updates of technical delivery materials for VMware’s PSBU for Customer Success and Professional Services offerings. You will work closely with various business units, engineering, marketing, professional services, sales, alliances, and partner engineering organizations in designing, validating, and building technical delivery collateral. You will also work with VMware Customer Success and Professional Services delivery teams to identify areas for improvement in existing technical delivery content.
OVERVIEW: Professional Services Business Unit (PSBU)
Outcome Engineering, which is part of the global VMware Professional Services Organization builds standardized, best practice Professional Services and Customer Success offers for use by VMware and partner Professional Services organizations focusing on components of the service offering and the delivery and implementation assets. Under the new VMware Success 360 offering, OE delivers high volume, short duration accelerator content, which include the onboarding, adoption, consumption, and optimization of the VMware product franchises (multi-cloud, virtual cloud networking, digital workspace, security, and modern applications), that ensure customers rapidly reach their goals by providing expert help every step of the way.
VMware brings together a phenomenal group of people. This includes a world-class support organization with unparalleled expertise in the virtualization space. The entire VMware team has created a unique business environment -- one of energy, creativity, and collaboration. The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with VMware's roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
Instructional Design & Content Development:
- Develop instructional design framework and structure for housing/presenting content
- Create and deliver technical content and ensure consistency for professional services and partner delivery
- Develop personas based on target audience
- Work with PSBU architects and PS delivery to determine content needs and requirements
- Validate content by working with subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Spend time with Support teams to handle customer SRs and understand the support training needs
- Stay up to date on the latest technical updates to VMware products
- Updating and maintaining existing content
- Develop expertise in VMware products and become an SME on a minimum of 1 product suite (VMC, VCN, EUC, VCF)
- Maintain good understanding of PSO design principles and methodologies
- Conduct ongoing meetings with stakeholders and communicate project status
- Collect feedback on effectiveness of delivery materials
- Develop internal marketing materials for services
- Hold internal trainings on new content (when necessary)
- Work closely with Business Units
- Supporting VMware sales by acting as a strong advocate for VMware products both inside and outside classes
- Assisting engineers in product development by discovering and reporting bugs and requesting new features in VMware products
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or similar (highly-preferred)
- Experience developing technical materials (highly-preferred)
- Experience in VMware End User Computing technologies is a plus
- Experience in VMware ESXi is a plus
- Ability to Install, Configure, and troubleshoot VMware products and platforms
- Strong knowledge of systems administration Microsoft Windows operating systems and applications is a plus
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in developing a customer facing courseware
- Self-starter, taking initiative and requiring minimal oversight
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Experience in PowerPoint, Word, Camtasia, Panopto, is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware Academy Program - Overview:
VMware invests for the future in VMware’s Professional Services, Sales, and Customer Experience Support organization through the Academy Program, which is a global development program for university graduates who aspire to become the next generation of leaders. We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics, and good communication skills.
This program includes both foundational and role-based training to provide the opportunity for you to complete exercises and gain experience that involves services, sales, technical, and product education. The goal is to equip you with skills and experience to make a positive impact and hit the ground running when you ultimately transition into your role! More info: https://pages.beamery.com/vmware/page/academy
The Academy offers…
- Structured program that includes 6-8 weeks of Foundation training + 4-6 months of Role Based experience before transitioning to your role
- Mentoring, coaching and sponsorship for career development.
- Effective communications training to ensure solid customer interactions.
- Customer and partner-facing activities and tasks, which provide real-world experience.
- Commercial and technical presentation training.
- Hands-on training in leading edge VMware technology for those who are highly-passionate about the IT industry.
At VMware we have EPIC2 Values - Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers, and Community are what define us. Learn more about our values on our careers website: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/life-at-vmware.html. We want to hire epic people who enhance our diverse culture – people who will push us, amaze us and drive us forward. In return, we offer the freedom to define and lead your future. VMware diversity: http://www.vmware.com/company/careers/people-at-vmware.html
Want to know even MORE about what makes VMware a great place to work? Check out this info to see why VMware is listed among…
- Forbes – The Just 100 (#57):https://www.forbes.com/just-companies/#25392f7e2bf0
- Forbes – Global 2000:https://www.forbes.com/global2000/#50e91ea4335d
- Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice: Best Places to Work 2020: https://www.glassdoor.com/Award/Best-Places-to-Work-LST_KQ0,19.htm?utm_medium=employerengagement&utm_source=socialmedia&utm_content=awards&utm_campaign=BPTW20
- Forbes – America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2020 (#62):https://www.forbes.com/best-employers-diversity/#1608e2d49b9e
- Forbes – America’s Best Employers for Women 2020 (#57):https://www.forbes.com/best-employers-women/#5709259a7de9
- Forbes – Best Employers For Veterans 2020 (#8): https://www.forbes.com/lists/best-employers-for-veterans/#1664ee8b3606
Category : Client Support
Subcategory: Customer Support
Experience: New Graduate
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-12-21
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2010782