To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Primary Location: Palo Alto, California
Additional Location(s): Palo Alto, California
Do you want to guide decisions that influence a $7+ billion dollar technology business? Help drive the future at the world leader of cloud infrastructure and business mobility solutions? And work for an employer consistently recognized as one of the best places to work? VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions – from software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace – that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era.
VMware’s Global Pricing and Operations team is seeking a Pricing Manager who is passionate about driving pricing strategy and operational execution for VMware’s solutions and services. Pricing plays a meaningful role in delivering scalable and sustainable pricing and licensing practices that will enable the company to grow its business.
You will be responsible for VMware’s short and long-term pricing strategy and execution for VMware Software-Defined Data Center product and service offerings. Reporting to the Senior Director, Pricing Strategy, you will collaborate with multiple VMware and external organizations including but not limited to sales, finance, product management, channel partners, end customers and market research vendors.
The position requires a well-rounded individual who has a proven ability to deliver results in a fast-growing environment. The ideal candidate should have 3+ years of pricing and/or commercial experience gained in technology, finance and/or consulting sector. Strong business insight, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills and experience supporting one or more lines of business. You should also be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in making sound business decisions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the products within their portfolio, including licensing metrics, go-to-market model, and competitive positioning
- Provide comprehensive analysis to enable the development of packaging strategies that improve VMware sales
- Support the development and execution of research projects that include elements such as end-customer focus groups, surveys, and conjoint analyses.
- Guide pricing proposals through VMware’s pricing governance process, including presentation to Pricing Committee and action item follow up
- Partner with cross functional partners in Product Management, Sales Operations, Partner Operations, Finance, Legal, Supply Chain, and Support to evaluate and implement pricing recommendations
- Support key pricing related projects and programs
- Perform ad hoc analyses for senior management
In this role, you will work independently and within a team of pricing subject matter experts. You have the ability to work in a fast pace environment demonstrating autonomy in conforming to strategic intent while adhering to team values.
- You are a strategic thinker with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- You are an excellent communicator and can distill and present complicated concepts
- You have an interest in technology and the ability to learn about the cloud infrastructure, service provider, telco, and information security markets
- You are an Excel expert and have experience with Tableau or other data/pricing analytical tools
- You have 3+ years of pricing, finance and/or sales operations
- You have familiarity with pricing principles, business models, and route-to-market concepts.
- You understand market research and have experience of survey design and analysis
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Engineering or a related field
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun.
- You have ability to program and build scalable models using SAS, R, Python
- You have knowledge of pricing research methodologies (e.g. conjoint, max diff)
- You have strong, demonstrated program and project management skills
- You have worked in the technology or telecommunications space
- You have experience with SaaS business models
- You have an MBA (preferred but not required)
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Marketing
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-04-14
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2002242