Principal IoT Staff EngineerRound Rock, Texas 02/08/2019
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Principal Staff Engineer in our incredible IoT Team!
- Provide technical & architectural leadership for the development of next generation IoT products and solutions
- Innovate, Research & Evaluate new technologies and tools for a quality output
- Architect, Design and Implement ensuring scalability, performance and security
- Code and implement new algorithms to solve complex problems
- Aid in key architectural decisions, design and code reviews
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of the domain and market
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional distributed teams Engineering, QA and Product Management in all phases - Requirements, Development, Testing, Launch/Release
- Document best practices and architectural references in developing and deploying product solutions
- Mentor Junior members technically in Architecture, Designing and robust Coding
- Work in an Agile development environment while continuously evaluating and improving engineering processes
- Aid the IoT Solutions Engineering team in building reference architectures for key IoT use cases
- Aid the IoT CTO and Ecosystem team in the evaluation and application of new technologies and partner offerings
- Engage with and influence relevant IoT standards bodies and consortia (e.g. EdgeX Foundry, IIC, OpenFog) to ensure our solutions are aligned with industry best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Master Degree preferred) or relevant experience
- At least 5 + years of experience with significant depth in designing and programming enterprise class products; experience working in product development organizations
- Proven track record in system-level software development including being lead architect for numerous large scale projects and feature/component lead for several complex features
- Strong background in object-oriented design and programming
- Excellent experience in Java, Spring Framework, REST, Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience in additional languages such as Python, JS and C/C++
- Experience in one or more relational databases PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle et all
- Experience with scale-out architectures such as Hadoop, NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in working with Virtualization and Containerization stacks and tools. Knowledge of container and cluster orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, Swarm, etc.
- Experience working with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with DevOps procedures and tools to include Maven, Gradle or similar; CI tools - Jenkins or similar; SCM tools – Git or similar
- Experience with unit, integration and blackbox testing procedures and tools like JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, Postman, etc.
- Experience working with open source software and communities
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring to the team
- Experience coding in modern languages like Go Lang
- Experience working with real-time embedded systems
- Experience on UI development frameworks likes AngularJS
- Experience in application management and monitoring of applications
- Experience in securing complex distributed systems
- Good understanding of SDLC, Agile methodologies. Agile development experience as a SCRUM Master is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with one or more of the following leading software offerings from Dell Technologies businesses: Dell Boomi; RSA Netwitness, SecureID; Pivotal Cloud Foundry; VMware Airwatch, NSX, vRealize, vSAN, vSphere
- Hands on experience with Kafka, KStream or other related stream processing frameworks such as Samza, Flink
- Working knowledge of IoT platforms (e.g. Azure IoT Suite, AWS IoT, Google IoT Core, SAP Leonardo, IBM Watson, Software AG Apama)
- Working knowledge of OT (e.g. fieldbusses) and IT connectivity protocols
- Experience working with open source software and communities
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.
Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R64150
Related Job Opportunities
- Product Management, Sr. Advisor - Riverbed PLM - Round Rock, TX or Nashville, TN Multiple Locations
- Product Management, Sr. Advisor - Data Center Infrastructure PLM (EATON) - Round Rock, TX Texas
- Pre Sales Solution Architect Multiple Locations
Join Our Talent Network
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests.