To learn more about how Dell Technologies is supporting our communities, customers, partners and team members, please visit our COVID-19 response site.
Sales Operations - Senior Analyst
Primary Location: Palo Alto, California
Additional Location(s): Palo Alto, California
VMWare is a looking for a talented and quick-thinking Analyst to support the World-Wide Sales Organization. This position will report into a global organization and provide support directly to the EVP of sales. The individual will be responsible for managing sales reporting requirements for the sales leader including weekly and ad-hoc reporting requirements. Must be a strong communicator and able to work 1:1 and across teams to ensure accuracy and alignment in reporting. Will work cross functionally to take critical reporting KPI and understand how to incorporate them into other World Wide reporting tools and dashboards.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Analyst will work directly with sales leadership to produce reporting needs as required. With work cross functionally with Sales Operations, Finance and Reporting to ensure accurate reporting of KPI and standardization of sources and metrics calculation across the teams. Successful candidate will work with SQL, reporting and BI systems to ensure quick and accurate reporting of key business metrics as the needs arise. Working independently on reporting and also in conjunction with Data, Analytics and IT teams to translate ad-hoc reporting into usable solutions for sales managers across different tools. Prior experience in SaaS is a plus but not required.
- Support sales senior leader for all reporting and analytics need; including building weekly analytics and ad-hoc reporting
- Must have ability to work 1:1 with senior leaders and translate business problems into actionable reporting with business insights
- Work across sales operations and sales finance to ensure alignment of reporting sources, conditions and definitions of KPI before delivering to business
- Deep integration of within sales operations reporting to ensure understanding of all tools and KPI currently available and how to utilize and enhance to provide a single point of reporting for sales leader
- Clear understanding of key sales KPI and reporting of Pipeline, Bookings, Revenue, Participation and Productivity
- Ensure all reporting created is tested and accurate before releasing
- Skilled in reporting and data management tools (Tableau, SQL, BOBJ)
- Experience with a variety of enterprise tools including Salesforce
- Exceptional analytical skills & confident working with an onsite and remote business teams
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work with leadership and with cross-functional teams
- Strong desire to develop business understanding through data and analytics
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Prior experience in Business Operations or Finance within high-tech organization is a plus. Desire to further develop within the field of BI or Sales/ Marketing Operations
- Ability to build dashboards and reports in enterprise tools such as Tableau, Analytics Studio, Power BI
- Business Acumen, ability to translate business needs into a set of workable, specific requirements
- Previous experience in delivering management information
- Experience in running SaaS operations or processes is a plus
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Sales Administration
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-08-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2009990