Senior Business Intelligence Analyst - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: Heredia,Costa Rica
VMWare is a looking for a talented and quick-thinking Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to support the World-Wide Partner and Commercial Organization. The ideal candidate combines excellent business acumen and communication skills with outstanding analytical skills.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The individual will be responsible for creating innovative business reporting and dashboard needs for the partner sales organization that will push the boundaries of providing data and insight.
Work cross functionally with GTM, Partner Operations, Finance, Reporting Teams and IT to ensure alignment, accuracy and delivery. Successful candidate will work with SQL, reporting and BI systems to ensure quick and accurate reporting of key business metrics as the needs arise. Working independently on reporting and also in conjunction with Data, Analytics and IT teams to translate ad-hoc reporting into usable solutions for sales managers across different tools.
- Responsible for project planning, work product quality and project execution
- Become a subject matter expert on internal BI and reporting solutions
- Manage stakeholder engagement and engagement with supporting teams
- Drive data analysis – identifying trends and key drivers of metrics.
- Demonstrate expertise on business processes, life-cycles, and data drivers.
- Plan and execute communication, documentation and training enable successful user adoption of dashboards and reports created
- Work with Global Process Owners and Data Analytics teams to streamline and incorporate innovation reports into mainstream WW dashboards
- Ensure all reporting created is tested and accurate before releasing
- Support for key business reviews including QBRs and in-quarter Deep Dives
- Develop, modify, maintain and support custom reports in Excel/SAP BOBJ for ad-hoc business requirements to bridge short term gaps with global sales tools.
- Ensuring all reporting created is tested and accurate before releasing
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in business analysis, requirements development, and implementation of Business Intelligence solutions
- Direct engagement with business stakeholders and other project team members
- Technical knowledge and experience working with industry leading BI tools such as SAP-BO, Tableau, or any other similar tool
- Demonstrated experience in developing dashboards using modern design techniques for business use cases. Online portfolio a big plus
- Proficiency on standard SQL is a must (PostgreSQL or SAP-HANA highly desirable)
- Thorough understanding of relational data
- Prioritize, define, and execute ad-hoc reports and data analysis as needed
- Leadership skills working with distributed teams, at all levels of the organization without direct management oversight.
- Exceptional analytical skills & confident working with an onsite and remote business teams
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work with leadership and with cross-functional teams
- Strong desire to develop business understanding through data and analytics
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Power Point
- Prior experience in Business Operations within high-tech organization is a plus. Desire to further develop within the field of BI and Sales Operations
- Ability to build dashboards and reports in Analytics Studio / Tableau CRM
- Knowledge of SaaS business processes at least in some areas like Billing, Order Management, Subscription Management is a huge plus
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Partner Programs
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-07
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2109098