Senior Customer Success Engineer (Tanzu Mission Control) - Opportunity for Working Remotely
Primary Location: United States
(Opportunity for working remotely)
Senior Customer Success Engineer – Tanzu Mission Control
VMware Tanzu Mission Control (TMC) is a centralized management platform for consistently operating and securing Kubernetes infrastructure and modern applications across multiple teams and clouds. It provides operators with a single control point to give developers the independence they need to drive business forward, while enabling consistent management and operations across environments for increased security and governance.
The TMC Customer Success Engineering team represents a strategic asset that is made available to customers and community of users with a focus on carrying helping customers understand and accelerate value attainment from the platform and the realization of their business objectives through the successful adoption of Kubernetes infrastructure and modern applications.
We are a team focused on the following:
- Functioning as deep product experts and developing best practices for deploying the TMC platform for managing Kubernetes infrastructure and modern applications
- Ensuring timely and successful customer on-boarding, enablement, and training for helping rapidly attain value with their customers’ Kubernetes deployments
- Driving healthy user adoption of the TMC platform, ensuring customer retention and expanded usage of VMware’s Kubernetes solutions across multiple environments
- Bringing together the right VMware teams and stakeholders for ensuring customer value attainment with the TMC platform and Kubernetes deployments
- Functioning as the “eyes” and “ears” in the market and influencing TMC related product development and engineering efforts in support of customers
Customer Value Realization
- Primary responsibility for understanding customer’s roadmap and use cases, becoming a trusted advisor to assist them with deriving value from the TMC platform as the unified Kubernetes deployment and management porta.
- Proactively identify risks to the customer achieving their stated businessl goals and work closely with the TMC Product and Engineering teams to build risk mitigation plans.
Internal Customer Champion and Advocate
- Ensure customers’ needs and challenges are highlighted across functional teams and acted upon in a timely manner to drive resolution
- Anticipate future customer needs and proactively reach out to Product and Engineering teams to influence roadmap and development timeline decisions
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to proactively monitor TMC platform usage and work towards addressing any adoption blockers.
- Create and execute TMC Value Attainment plans that track milestones and measure progress against the same
- Create TMC focused customer health scores and proactively take actions for addressing gaps
- Carry out adoption and usage analytics for identifying predictive trends related to churn and take mitigating actions
Adoption and Customer Retention
- Work with customers and help customer with faster adoption of the TMC platform
- Drive rapid TMC platform value attainment through onboarding, training, use case qualification
- Ensure product and technical conditions are met for customers to attain business goals and achieve the required confidence in TMC for renewals and expansions
- Demonstrated track record of successfully driving customer adoption and value attainment from a complex technology platform in Enterprise Software or SaaS environments; Kubernetes experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills and interaction experience with internal and external stakeholders across all management levels
- Ability to work with stakeholders across multiple customer accounts and manage projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to manage critical customer concerns and identify customer requirements in a proactive, “lean-forward” mode
- Proven record of driving issues to resolution with great customer satisfaction
- Excellent critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills
- Willing to be a hands-on contributor and a proactive team player
- Ambitious and driven, thriving in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel occasionally when needed and/or spend significant time interacting with customers remotely on solutions engagements
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-11-19
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2018169