Primary Location: Colorado Springs,Colorado
We’re changing the face of IT by making it possible to construct an entire Software Defined Data Center with the click of a button, erasing the barriers between on-premise and elastic cloud resources. This change has the industry rethinking how to build and scale critical apps. We’re gathering forward-thinkers to help accelerate this transformation.
The VMware Cloud R&D group develops products that focus on thrilling customers with demanding IT infrastructure needs. We are a growing team and are looking for strong engineering talent to help us build a next-generation services platform. For this role, you should have a proven software development background with experience in the successful delivery of high quality software as service (SaaS) and microservices. You should be highly technical, detail oriented with a focus on implementation excellence and experience in mentoring junior members of team.
- As part of a team of engineers, design, develop, maintain, and operate a scalable service control plane, and dependent components including a highly-available persistence layer and messaging bus.
- Collaborate with multi-functional VMware project teams including VMware consultants, engineers, product management, and support staff.
- Experience in Java 6+ coding, algorithms and data structures.
- Experience in K8s, Spring, Databases required
- Strong familiarity with functional test frameworks and techniques.
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on high-availability services at scale.
- Deep understanding of distributed computing concepts in practice
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively in a team environment, including quickly getting up to speed with new technologies.
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to lead challenging demands
This position is eligible for JoinVMC referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-26
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102625