Senior Product Line Manager, Cloud StoragePalo Alto,California 02/25/2020
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT.
With VMware solutions, organizations are creating exceptional experiences by mobilizing everything, responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you've always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
The Storage and Availability Business Unit of VMware is one of the fastest growing units within VMware. We focus on bringing to market innovative solutions in areas of Hyperconverged Infrastructure (HCI) with VMware vSAN for both on premises and cloud deployments, and many more innovative solutions for the VMware customer base. As a key leader in this team, you will have a direct impact in shaping industry transformation through Hyper-Converged Infrastructure and Hybrid Cloud solutions. As Senior Product Line Manager, you will be responsible for one of the key strategic initiatives in leading direction for next-generation vSAN software. You will develop the roadmap for the core vSAN platform, as well as other storage solutions for Hybrid Cloud. You will interact daily with customers (existing and prospective), VMware field teams and technology partners, to develop future plans. You will synthesize your point of view into product strategy, business case, and user stories/features with the end goal of a successful launch and customer adoption of new product capabilities. You will work closely with a high caliber engineering team on planning, prioritization, day-day execution & development of these solutions. You should have a strong technical background in Storage technologies, with at least 3-5 years of experience in either a product management, technical marketing or sales engineering roles. You should be deeply familiar with storage solutions in general. Strong domain knowledge in Storage technologies (file systems, deduplication, snapshots, RAID, cloud consumption models etc) and Cloud Infrastructure is desired.
• Customer Engagement: Regularly engage in customer conversations for both roadmap planning as well as ensuring high customer satisfaction for existing customers
• Active engagement during development process: Work closely with engineers to guide development activities based on priorities, provide feedback on critical design choices based on user impact, and help steer the release process to ensure timely and high quality deliverables
• Cross-team leadership: Coordinate & lead cross-product teams from multiple BUs across VMware.
• Work with Product Marketing in collateral generation for sales & customer enablement, serving as technical Subject Matter Authority
• BS/MS in Computer Science, MBA preferable • 3-5 years of experience in a Product Management role, or meaningful experience in a Technical Management or Sales Engineering role;
• Overall experience of 5+ years in technology industry • Willing to travel up to 20% in order to meet with customers and partners, evangelize VMware technologies, participate in trade shows etc.
• Strong ability to communicate precisely in written, presentation, and verbal forums
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-02-25
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Product-Management Job ID: R1903377