Senior Product Line Manager - WavefrontPalo Alto,California 10/16/2019
Business Summary: Wavefront by VMware
Wavefront is redefining monitoring and analytics for cloud-native applications and infrastructure. Wavefront is a SaaS solution using a massively scalable approach pioneered at Google and refined at Twitter that provides real-time processing of high-frequency telemetry across the entire cloud-native stack. DevOps engineers, SREs, and developers can query their big data metrics store live, crafting interactive dashboards, set intelligent alerts, and find hidden anomalies. SaaS leaders like Workday, Box, Lyft, Intuit, Groupon, and DoorDash use Wavefront to increase developer velocity by optimizing application performance, eliminating outages, and radically reducing time to resolve issues. In 2017, Wavefront was acquired by VMware (a leader in cloud infrastructure and management software) and continues to operate as a dynamic, start-up group within the broader VMware organization.
Distributed Tracing & 3D Observability: https://docs.wavefront.com/videos_tracing.html
Job Role and Responsibility:
As a senior member of Wavefront's Product Management team, you will define and lead the strategic future of Wavefront, working on the latest cloud native technologies, interfacing directly with customers to understand product requirements while partnering closely with UX, R&D and marketing counterparts to execute the product roadmap.
- Create new SaaS services that help developers build, test, run and monitor apps with ease on any cloud, ensuring efficient operations, governance and security at scale.
- Develop use cases & customer flows and collaborate closely with UX and R&D to productize and bring them to market.
- Proactively engage with Customers, Partners and our field experts to define requirements for the SaaS platform - supportability, upgrade, metering, auditing scalability, digital marketing and billing.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time.
- Previous experience as a SaaS Product Manager for B2B and/or B2C products.
- Previous experience in Application Performance Management (APM) products and/or experience with OpenTracing, Jaeger or Zipkin.
- Deep knowledge of DevOps processes and tools (continuous integration, continuous delivery, testing, configuration management, monitoring) and Cloud technologies such as virtualization and containers
- Proven track record of growing new software products and driving user adoption and usage.
- Ability to deal with and execute under ambiguity.
- Previous experience leveraging AI/ML to drive measurable customer value.
- Previous experience in SaaS application development on Public clouds, such as AWS and Azure, is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with commercial and enterprise customers, presenting to C-level executives and evangelizing disruptive new technologies
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent degree/experience); MBA
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2019-09-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Product-Management Job ID: R1912458