Sr. Member of Technical Staff , QE, VMware Cloud on AWSPalo Alto,California 02/24/2020
As a Senior Member of Technical Staff in Vmware Cloud on AWS project, you will participate in and provide technical leadership for;
• Analyze product requirements and functional specifications of all VMC related features.
• Identify best test strategies and define test automation and code coverage activities of the next generation of vShield product suite, the virtual infrastructure security management.
• Build maintainable, high quality and effective automated tests on top of various automation tools and frameworks
• Interact with other development teams, QA, Documentation, Release Engineering to execute on product goals
• Provide strong testing, debugging and documentation skills
• Be self-motivated and proactively manage time and tasks
• Cloud management or test experience (on AWS, GCF, Azure) on cloud related technologies is a huge plus.
• Deep understanding on L2 and L3 protocols (xSTP, BGP, IPV6) is mandatory.
• Performance and scale knowledge is mandatory.
• Knowledge of networking, routing, packet capture and analysis is mandatory.
• Knowledge on Traffic generation Tool . ( Ixia or Spirent)
• Expert level Python scripting is mandatory .
• Software engineering (QA methodologies)
• Test automation methodologies
• Knowledge of Linux & Windows system administration.
• Excellent communication skills
Masters degree from reputed university is mandatory.
• 5 + years of industry experience, good to have at least 3-4 years in automation
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-03-04
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job Family: Software-Engineering Job ID: R2000959