Senior Software Engineer - VMware Cloud
Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll actively own architecture, design, planning/estimating, full software development cycle and operationalizing of the services you own.
- You will collaborate with other lead engineers to drive the architecture of the next generation SaaS Platform consisting of many micro-services.
- You will drive the design and code reviews with a major focus on performance, scalability, reliability and future expansion.
- You will collaborate with other lead engineers to solve hard but ambiguous problems.
- You’ll mentor junior engineers on the team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent field.
- Solid background in object oriented programming & design
- Good working knowledge of building highly reliable micro-services for a SaaS platform.
- Excellent coding skills in Java & deep understanding of Java Spring application framework.
- Good understanding of Docker containers, K8s clusters/pods.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Spring Framework, API Development
- Experience and knowledge of AWS technologies
Learn about us more - https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws
This position is eligible for JoinVMC referral campaign
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-03-26
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102623