Senior Software Engineer
Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
Senior Software Engineer for Cloud Services
You will be working on VMWare Cloud Partner Navigator, Cloud Service for VMware partners to purchase, provision, and manage VMware Service offerings. The VMware Cloud Provider Hub enables end-to-end customer lifecycle management and expansion of partners’ managed services portfolio with a rich set ofVMware Service offerings.
VMware's Cloud Strategy and the Cloud Service Business Unit's goal is to enable a Multi-Cloud, Multi-Device World where seamless delivery of cloud services to end customers across a global network of heterogeneous clouds is a reality. Cloud Service Providers (SPs) play a crucial role in this world. The Cloud Service Business Unit's (CSBU) mission is to develop technology which, along with VMware's market leading private cloud technologies, enable SPs to deliver the heterogeneous clouds and services of tomorrow.
At VMware, you will be challenged to create innovative solutions for our customers by solving complex problems in a team-focused environment. If you are driven to imagine, define and deliver what’s next for the industry and your career while unlocking your full potential, join VMware. You will have the opportunity to grow in our flexible and dynamic environment, challenge your thinking, and influence the future of technology.
- Design, develop, test, document and maintain complex software features from general specifications.
- Produce high quality, well-documented code. Participate and influence code reviews, design reviews for robust and scalable products, must work across engineering teams and architects
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a fullstack Scrum team.
- Responsible for delivering design & functional specifications.
- Provide detailed scheduled estimates for development efforts.
- 6+ years with Bachelors/Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Experience in building a SaaS platform
- Design, architect, test, automate distributed, scalable, microservices based systems
- Extensive programming experience in one of the following languages - Java, Python
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, or other cloud deployment technologies preferred
- Knowledge of CI/CD platforms and tools
- Experience designing/building scalable REST API’s
- Fluent in approaches to security, concurrency, debugging, performance, scalability, supportability and quality.
- Ability to ramp-up quickly and contribute to a production codebase
- Understand non-functional implications to design like security, data migration, deployment, etc.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-02-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2102337