Software Engineer, Member of Technical Staff, NSBU
Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
Business Area: NSBU
VMware NSX is revolutionizing networking and security for next generation data centers. VMware is the pioneer of the Software Defined Data Center. VMware is looking for talented candidates for our R&D division that can commit to these projects at all stages: research, analysis, prototyping and development. As an engineer, you get exposure to a huge range of software platform, networking and firewall technologies that are loved by customers all over the world. We are looking for people who thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture.
You will utilize your experience in software development experience to:
- Research, design, implement next generation NSX products and solutions that demonstrate VMware’s NSX platform
- Code in C, C++ and python
- Deliver solid code and working applications that provide the appropriate level of security, performance and reliability
- Interact with other development teams, QA, Documentation, Release Engineering to execute on product goals
- Provide strong testing, debugging and documentation skills, and develop automated tests for software invented by you or others in the group
- Take full ownership of technical features and technical design, identifying and resolving design issues early
- Be self-motivated and dedicatedly manage time and tasks
- Gain knowledge in of microservices architecture, QOS, telemetry, data analytics, virtualization and networking
- Innovate and be part of motivated, talented engineers like yourself
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent required
- 2+ years of professional experience designing and implementing software systems, preferably in C/C++
- You have strong coding skills in C, C++, Python
- You are a natural problem-solver and dive deep to unravel complex problems/issues.
- You will possess a strong analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills including use of tools.
- You bring good testing methodologies and a real passion for building quality products.
- Knowledge of Operating System internals, distributed systems, API design and applications
- Hard-working, results oriented, high energy, self-motivated and creative individual who can become a part of a new and exciting team
- MS preferred
- 2 years of experience preferred
- Java coding skills is an added advantage
- Strong networking knowledge is desirable.
- Scalable systems design experience is preferred.,
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-10
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2107422