Primary Location: Palo Alto,California
VMware NSX is revolutionizing networking and security for next generation data centers. VMware is the pioneer of the Software Defined Data Center and is investing in the development of next generation security technologies that take advantage of the virtualization layer for improved security of both desktops and servers.
You will build out applications and algorithms that enable the creation of a distributed and scalable platform for validating the SDN line of VMware products. You will be part of a forward-thinking engineering team that has open communication, innovation, empowerment and a customer success culture. You will also collaborate with multi-functional teams on innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your skills in a dynamic and technically driven environment. We hire engineers who can take on hard problems in new areas and help define new markets.
What you'll do:
- Write and maintain solid, robust, efficient and maintainable code using best of breed languages, frameworks and tools.
- Build distributed, resilient, scalable and highly available infrastructure software.
- Work with operations engineering to build Docker containers, Jenkins CI jobs, deploy pipelines, monitoring and metrics.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to gather requirements.
- Mentor and learn from other team members through pairing, code reviews, and documenting code.
What you bring:
- 2 to 3 plus years of related experience
- You have experience building modern applications and services using Python
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, and design patterns
- Understand web frameworks like Django
- Good understanding of VMware stack and ability to understand Infrastructure as a service
- You have experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment using Scrum or Kanban successfully
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2105911